Chapter 1

Lauren POV
I smiled as I rubbed my baby bump while sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Today was my last ultrasound before I give birth to my beautiful baby.

I looked down at the ring that occupied the space on my left hand, remembering my fiancè that was currently fighting in the military. He left last week for another two month tour to God knows where.

I was broken away from my thoughts when I heard my name being called,"Lauren Cohan?"

I smiled and stood carefully, being aware of my large bump that was preventing me from standing up properly. I waddled over to the nurse and followed her to the back room.

"So are you planing on having a hospital birth or a home birth?"

"I was considering on having a hospital birth, just to be safe." I smiled at her.

******
"The baby seems to have dropped so you should be ready to go into labour any day now."

I nodded and smiled,"No later than a week?"

She chuckled,"No later than a few days actually."

I nodded and hugged her,"Thank you so much."

She laughed,"It was my pleasure Lauren. I hope to see you again soon when you have another."

I chuckled,"Yeah Luke wanted more after this one is born but I know how much labour can hurt and I don't know about having a lot of kids."

She laughed,"Yeah they seem to want so many kids considering that they really don't have to do any work."

"Alright I better get going to the grocery store."

She smiled and stood up,"I will see you soon."

I nodded and stood from the examining table and walked outside to my white car.

I opened the passenger door first and placed my purse on the seat first, then made my way to the drivers side.

I sat down and put my seat belt on before starting the car.

As I approached a red light, I thought about how she is going to change my life forever; and how I will do anything to protect her and keep her safe and how she may be a mommy's girl.

I was brought out of my day dream when someone from behind me honked, singniling that it was now a green light.

It only took me around fifteen minutes to get home. I haven't had may jobs for the past year or so, so it was somewhat difficult to buy all of the baby stuff that she would need.

I didn't want to find out the gender until she is born but I do have several white, gender nutral, clothes. After the baby is born, I will be going to get some clothes for her and stuff like that.

I parked my car next to my sisters, who agreed to come and stay with me for the time being until Luke gets home. My sister is really the closest family member I have, besides my mum and step dad.

I lock my car and walk up to my apartment, #203. It did bother me that we were kinda high up considering that I would have to worry about these stairs while I am in labour.

I did get a call back for a role and they asked if I could come by for filming in three weeks. I am hoping that I would be settled in with her by then.

I unlocked the door and called for my sister,"Emma?"

She came out from the hallway in overalls that had white paint all over them,"Lauren how was it?"

I plopped down on the couch, her following immediately after,"She has dropped and should be here in a few days."

I looked over at her and smiled,"The nursery is done, I was just doing some finishing touches and such. Luke should like it I thought."

I hugged her,"Thank you for everything Emma. I couldn't have done it without you."

She laughed a similar laugh as me,"My pleasure Love."

I got up,"Time for me to get some shut eye and you should to."

She smiled,"Be right there. I'm just going to call Ms. Nancy and mum, tell them that you should be going in labour soon."

I nodded and walked down the hall, towards the only bathroom in this small place. Hopefully I can find a good acting job so that I can get her whatever she wants without having to ask Luke for the money.

I started out with this apartment and have lived here for the past couple years and just renewed my contract for another two years before I found out that I was pregnant. 

******

I quickly slipped into my bed and glanced at thw open door. I pulled my body pillow towards myself and laid on my right side, facing the wall.

I slightly groaned as the baby kicked me fast and hard. "Is it the baby?" Emma asked as she was looking through her suitcase for some clothes.

I sighed,"Yes and no. She just kicked me real hard thats all. Get some sleep Emma, you need it."

I got up slightly and took a drink of my large glass of water that was always at my bedside table.

I exhaled deeply and laid down on my bed, settling in for the night. Little did I know was that my life was about to change forever.

AN/ I'm not sure about this one but what do you guys think of it so far? The chapters will be longer after this one, I just didn't want to get too far into the story line.