Chapter 4: Door Camping

Chapter Four:

I stood in my doorway looking at Josh for a few moments before I made up my mind of what to do. I slammed the door right in his face.
"That'll teach him," I muttered to myself.
"Isabelle, please talk to me," Josh called through the door.
I looked at Claire, my eyes full of tears as I leaned against the door, trying not to cry.
"Isabelle, I'm sorry for whatever I've done."
I slowly slid down the door onto the cold wooden floor as I felt the tears running down my face rapidly.
"That's the thing! You don't even realize," I cried, wiping the tears from under my eyes.
Claire walked into the bathroom and got me some tissue so I could wipe away my tears.
"You okay, Is?" Claire whispered, sitting down beside me and handing me the tissue.
"Yeah, I'll be okay," I replied, resting my head on her shoulder.

I could hear Josh was still standing at the other side of the door, patiently waiting for me to let him in, I knew because he was constantly knocking. Was he trying to piss me off further?
"Isabelle, if I have to stay here all night waiting for you to let me in, I'll do it. Paul told me what you thought you saw, but it isn't what it looks like. Just let me in so I can explain, please," Josh begged.
"There's nothing to explain I know what I saw Josh!"
"Right, so basically I'm going to be camping outside your door in the freezing cold until you decide to let me in," Josh shouted.
"You have fun with that, never know you could get the flu. Maybe then your little slut could take care of you!" I shouted back gathering myself off of the floor.
"You are acting like a five year old! She was drunk and falling all over the place. She latched on to me and I was trying to get her to sit down and sober up. When she tried to kiss me I told her I have a girlfriend and she didn't listen so I sat her down on the chair, went to get her some help and went home," Josh explained.

I slowly gathered myself up off the cold wooden floor and walked over to the couch, grabbing my remote and turning up the television.
"Pfft I'll show him childish," I muttered sitting on the sofa.
"Really, Is?" Claire smiled, shaking her head at me.
"Yes, really, if he wants childish I'll give him childish," I shouted at the door hoping he had heard me.

I knew I was being childish. Of course I did, but Josh had betrayed my trust.
"Isabelle just open the fucking door!", Josh bellowed over the television knocking on the door, harder this time.
"Not going to happen".

I walked into the kitchen and made myself a fresh latte. It was November, meaning that the some what warm weather had disappeared leaving us with freezing cold temperatures and a lot of rain fall.

"Is, you should talk to him." Claire smiled reassuringly, handing me a tub of ice cream with milk in it and a big spoon.
"You know me so well," I grinned, taking the ice-cream from her "and why should I talk to him? If he loved me he wouldn't have cheated".
"As true as that is maybe he's telling the truth you won't know unless you talk it out. Either let him in or I will," Claire threatened.

I rolled my eyes and slumped over to open the door.
"What?" I snapped as I opened the door.
But Josh wasn't there.
"See he's gone I told you so!".
"Really, it took you that long to open the door? I could have died of pneumonia!" Josh shouted, walking out of my bedroom.
"How did you manage to get in?" I asked, crossing my arms and pouting.
"You left your window open... did your mother forget to teach you about being safe? However it was an advantage for me to get in." He smiled, walking toward me and taking my ice-cream.
"Hey that's mine!".
"Is, I'm going to leave you's to talk it out... If you need me text me, love you gal." Claire smiled, grabbing her bag.
"Treat her right or I end your life!" she snapped at Josh as she walked out.
"You're a very scary woman" Josh joked holding his hands up in defeat.
"Thank you! I do try", she smiled shutting the front door behind her hastily.

Josh looked at me sadly when Claire closed the door and walked to sit down.
"Are you going to talk to me?", he asked, looking at me softly.
"I don't know..." I whispered, trying not to cry again.
"Isabelle, I love you more than anything in the world... I didn't cheat on you, I promise you."
"Then why did you let her rub herself all over you?"
"Oh for the love of—Isabelle, I didn't cheat on you! She was drunk and falling all over the place! If I wanted her, I wouldn't be here right now!" Josh reasoned.

I looked up from my hands and moved slowly toward Josh. I sat down beside him and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly.
"Am I forgiven?" he asked holding me closer.
I nodded slowly as my tears soaked into his grey sweater.
"Hey, don't cry, it's okay." Josh began rubbing the tears from my eyes and slowly kissed my lips.

But I couldn't stop. The thought of losing Josh a second time had left me broken.
"I love you Josh," I cried as he pulled me into his lap, holding me close.
"I love you too, Isabelle, you're never going to lose me so get that silly thought out of your mind," Josh whispered softly in my ear.

I slowly drifted asleep in Josh's arms. I hadn't even realised it until I heard a knock on the door. Not a normal tap, tap it was faster, urgent, as if whoever it was needed help urgently. I looked over at the clock on the wall. It was almost four o'clock in the morning; who could possibly be knocking on the door so late?
Josh was still asleep under me, so I tried to get off him without waking him before quickly running to open the door. When I opened the door my eyes widened with shock. What on earth had happened at all?
"Jessica, are you okay?" I asked, shocked.