Chapter 1

"Ash!" I heard my Mom calling me. I looked away from the TV to see her walking into my room, "Honey, you should be asleep," She scolded, frowning with her hands on her hips. I sighed, "Mom, I can't sleep," I replied, "I'm too excited."

You probably wondering why I am so excited, well; When every kid turn 10 years old, they get to go to their own first journey and with their starter POKEMON that they get from their Professor.

Now it was my turn to go.

Mom's frown disappeared from her face and she smiled. "If you can't sleep, then you should watch this," She said as she grabbed my TV remote and pressed a button, changing the channel.

"Good evening, Pallet."

I smiled when I saw Professor Oak's face in the TV with three posters of the starter Pokémon. "Tomorrow is the big day for the news class Pokémon students. I will like to introduce you to Bulbasaur." A small, quadruped Pokémon that had blue-green skin with darker green patches. It had red eyes with white pupils and pointed, ear-like structures on top of its head. It's snout was short and blunt, and it had a wide mouth.

"Charmander." A bipedal, reptilian Pokémon with a primarily orange body. Its underside from the chest down and soles are cream-colored. It has two small fangs visible in its upper jaw and two smaller fangs in its lower jaw. Its arms and legs are short with four fingers and three clawed toes and a fire burns at the tip of this Pokémon's slender tail.

"And Squirtle." A small Pokémon that resembles a light blue turtle. It has large brown eyes and a slightly hooked upper lip. Each of its hands and feet have three pointed digits. The end of its long tail curls inward.

"Each one is available for new trainers. Which one should you choose?" Professor Oak asked. I grinned. "Go to bed when this is done," Mom said. "Okay, I'm going," I said, not taking my eyes from the TV.

"Goodnight, honey," She said. "Good night, Mom," I said and I heard the door closing. I stared at the TV, grinning. "I'm so going," I said to myself.

...................................

I groaned as I tiredly opened my eyes slowly. The morning lights shine through my window and I glanced at my alarm clock. My eyes grow wide--I'M LATE! I got up from my bed and got dressed before running out of the house.

I'M SO LATE!!

I ran all the way to Professor Oak's laboratory just to see a herd of people and there were a few cheerleaders at the front. I frowned as I got there, breathing heavily before walking to the laboratory.

Just as I opened the door, I met none other then my enemy; Gray Oak. Professor Oak's grandson. The boy smirked at me, "Well, well, look who finally decided to show up," He said. "And I thought I won't get to see you before I'll go to my journey."

I rolled my eyes, "Nice to see you too," I said sarcastically, crossing my arms. "I'm sure you do," He said, smirking before he showed me a Poké Ball. "Wow, is that yours?" I asked, uncrossing my arms.

"Yup," He said. "What did you get?" I asked. "Now, if you wanted to know you should've came in time," He teased. My smile faded away and I glared at him. "Hope to see you soon," He said, smirking as he walked pass me.

I still glared at him as he got into a car with the cheerleaders and left, and the people walked away. "What a jerk," I mumbled before looking back to see Professor Oak. I smiled up at the older man, "Professor Oak, I'm here for my Pokémon," I said.

"Well, unfortunately the Pokémon were giving to the trainers that were here on time," He said and my smile faded away. "What? All three of the Pokémon?" He nodded and I looked down at the ground.

No way... It's can't be happening.

"But..." I looked back at the Professor as he sighed. "I think I can give you something else. But this Pokémon is a bit--" I cut him off, "I'll take it!" He sighed but nodded. "Come with me," He said and I followed him inside the laboratory.

At the side of the room was a round table made from iron and there were three Poké Balls but I knew that they were empty. The Professor pressed a button on the table and at the middle of it opened and another Poké Ball popped out. This Poké Ball was a little bit different; there was a lightning bolt mark on it.

The Professor grabbed the Poké Ball and then looked at me. "Are you sure? I must warn you, there is a problem with this Pokémon," He warned. "I'm sure," I said. "Okay, then," He said as he handed the Poké Ball to me.

Right then, the Poké Ball opened and there was a bright yellow light. Then, at the table, the light disappeared and reviled a short, chubby rodent Pokémon. It was covered in yellow fur with two horizontal brown stripes on its back. It had a small mouth, long, pointed ears with black tips, brown eyes, and two red circles on its cheeks.

"Pikachu," It said cutely. "It's name is Pikachu," Professor Oak explained as I looked at it with a smile. It was so cute! "Ah, it's so cute. Hey, Pikachu," I said as I took it in my arms.

"Pika..." It said and suddenly, I was zapped. It stopped and I slowly recovered. "It also known as an electric mouse. It's usually shy but something it's have a electric personality," Professor Oak explained.

"I see what you mean," I said. "Shocking isn't it?" He joked before holding up Poké Balls and a red device, "Now take this, your Pokédex and Poké Balls." I grabbed them, "Thank you." Suddenly, Pikachu zapped both me and the Professor.

After we recovered, the Professor and I walked out. I tried to get Pikachu into it's Poké Ball but it didn't want to. It just threw the ball back to me. So Pikachu was in my arms but it didn't look at me as we walked out. It just turned to the side, crossing it's arms and it's eyes were shut.

I sighed before looking up and saw Mom and some of the people of the town at the entry. "Mom?" I called. "Oh, Ashley, I'm so proud of you," She said as I walked over to her and placed Pikachu gently at the ground. "You finally going to your own journey and..." Her eyes were full of tears. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I said and then she glanced down at the mouse Pokémon. "And this is?" She asked. "It's name is Pikachu," I replied and then glanced down at the Pokémon before back at Mom, "We'll be fine."

Mom smiled down at Pikachu before looking back at me. "Here," She said, holding my backpack that I didn't noticed she was carrying for me. "Thanks," I said as I grabbed it.

"Make sure to call me when you can, okay?" She said. "I will, don't worry," I said before taking Pikachu back into my arms. Suddenly, the mouse Pokémon zapped all of us and then stopped. "It's going to take me a while, I think," I managed to say.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!
I really hope you like the first chapter of Ashley's story. As you noticed; Ash at my story is a female, not much will change. I'll love to know what you thought about this chapter and let me know what you want to happen.

Katherine