Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

I snorted. "I'm sure that request was thrown out the window."

"Actually," Calum scratched the back of his neck. "She offered me a deal. I told her I'd talk to you before I agreed."

My eyebrows knitted together. "And that deal would be?"

"We have to come up with a creative way to make headlines. Something she, nor the public, expects. And something that would have, uhh, made the wait worth it." Calum grimaced at his words. "I'm guessing she meant making people waiting for us to be seen together satisfied."

I tried to understand what Patricia meant by that. "How long will you be here for?"

"Three days," Calum answered.

"So, if we do something, other than walking out and holding hands or whatever, that will get the media's attention, they won't ask us to do anything else.. for the three days you're here."

It was almost too good to be true. "Pretty much," Calum answered.

We reached their dressing room without another word. Calum grabbed two beers from the mini-fridge and stood in front of me, offering me one.

I wanted to be with Calum, to have the illusion that we were simply just two non-celebrities hanging out and getting to know each other again—even if it's only for three days.

God, I missed him. It's actually pathetic how much I missed him.

"Luke," Calum said. His hand still outstretched with the beer. "Don't want one?"

I took the bottle he was offering to me, then took the other one. I set them both down at a table near us.

The words came out my mouth before I could stop them. "Can we make-out now?"

Calum looked taken aback.

He didn't waste any time coming up with a response. His fingers gripped onto my shirt, pulling me closer to him and then pressing our lips together quite abruptly, our teeth clashing in the process.

I steadied myself by settling both hands on his hips. It was no secret that Calum had been waiting long for this, I could feel his eagerness and it made me smile against his lips.

I brought up one hand to his hair, tugging just a tiny bit and relishing at the sound he made. I used the leverage to pull his head slightly backwards, our lips still grazing. I tilted my head for a better angle before licking my way into his mouth.

Calum was practically melting in my arms.

The kiss went on like that, a bit slower and a lot more passionate. We broke off when we both couldn't hold our breaths any longer.

Calum spoke with softness. "When I saw you a while ago, I wanted to be as close as I could. I actually wanted a lot of things. I wanted," He breathed out. "Luke, you don't even know."

A chill crawled up my spine.

"You could try finishing your sentences. Or," I was leaning in again, my hands going down to his ass. "You could continue kissing me until your bandmates come back." At some point during our make-out session, Calum had pushed us until my back was against the door. If anybody was going to enter, I'd be able to hear their footsteps coming.