Chapter FOUR

Edited - 7/27/19

Calum

I stared at my reflection, rolling the sleeves of my flannel shirt. A knock suddenly came from the door. Ashton peeped his head in before I could even say anything.

"I could have been naked, you know." I said, running a hand through my hair. Ashton just let himself in, crossing his arms over his chest. "My, my, my, don't you look handsome." He smiled teasingly. It was work not to roll my eyes. "What are you even doing here?" I asked.

"Well, Michael and I wanted to see your boyfriend." Ashton bit his lip to stop himself from laughing.

"Ash?"

"Yes, Calum?"

"Bite me."

"I'll leave that to your boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend!" I huffed like a petulant child, walking towards my bedside table. I slipped my phone, wallet, and keys into my pockets.

"So," Ashton dragged the word out, continuing like he didn't hear what I just said. "About your boyfriend,"

"Oh for fuck's sake." I pinched the bridge of my nose. I walked out my room, hearing Ashton's laughter follow me down the stairs.

"So, where are you taking Luke?" I simply ignored the question until we reached the living room, only to see Michael sitting on my couch with his legs propped up on the coffee table.

"Calum!" Michael grinned.

"Michael, put your feet down."

"Jeez, someone's in a good mood." My bandmate mumbled. A sigh escaped my lips as I sat down on one of the other couches. "Sorry, I'm just-"

"Excited about your date with your new boyfriend?" Michael cut me off. I wanted to throw the remote at him.

I scoffed. "He's not my boyfriend, you dicks!" Ashton sat beside Michael, both of them were laughing. "Aww, lighten up, Cal! I mean, it could be worse. Luke Hemmings is actually a good-looking guy." Ashton said. Michael agreed, nodding his head. "Yeah, I've seen some of his movies. He's a talented actor."

"Guys, I know you're both just trying to make me feel less tense in your own annoying ways, but there's no way this date could go right." I confessed, looking down at my boots and the rug.

"Why wouldn't it?" Michael asked.

"Because!" I groaned. "This whole things is fake. We're not even friends! We're so far from it! I haven't spoken to him in years and now suddenly in the eyes of the media we're 'dating.' This entire thing will be a gigantic fail!"

"Which reminds me, why did you guys grow to hate each other?" Ashton asked the one question I knew was coming but have been hoping to avoid. I gave him a long look, closing my eyes and letting out a deep breathe.

As I opened my mouth, a ring came from the door.

I tried not to let the relief of having to delay this conversation show on my face. "That must be him." I mumbled.