Chapter SEVENTEEN

Edited - 7/29/19

Luke

"Please welcome, Luke Hemmings!"

The background music played and the crowd cheered as I stepped onto the platform. I waved towards the audience, smiling and giving Jeffrey Vent a one-armed hug. He gestured me to sit down on the couch as the crowd quieted down. "Thank you so much for joining us, Luke."

"Thank you for having me, Jeffrey." I crossed my legs. Body language was important during interviews. A confident, comfortable body language told the audience you were at ease in their presence and the interviewer's.

"Your new movie had just released." Jeffrey gestured to the screen behind me where it showed the poster of the movie. "I heard it was a massive hit, watched it a few days ago myself." Jeffrey added, crossing his legs as well.

"It just did, and thankfully it's been doing great in theatres. How'd you like it?"

"I thought it was amazing! Right, folks?" He turned to the audience who cheered in reply. Jeffrey seemed genuine enough. Sometimes interviewers said things they didn't mean, it was all part of their job afterall.

"Thank you so much!" I replied, actually meaning it. The black top I was wearing had small dots, buttoned all the way up with the sleeves folded in a way that fitted my biceps exactly. I picked up the mug from the coffee table as Jeffrey asked another question. "And you just finished filiming another movie, correct?"

"Yes, it was a lot of fun. Everybody who I had the pleasure with working with was amazing, and I'm really glad to be part of it. It'll be released next year. October, if I'm not mistaken."

"I'm sure we're all excited about that," Jeffrey said. "So, for the knowledge of everybody watching, not only are you brilliant actor, but you're also takinh the modelling world by storm."

The cheers suddenly became louder. I turned around to see what the fuss was about. The screen showed a picture from the photoshoot I did with Calvin Klein as one of their ambassadors a few months ago. In the phot, I was wearing nothing but black boxers, my skin having been sprayed with water to appear dewey. "Woo, look at that!" Jeffrey exclaimed and the audience members whooped in agreement, making me laugh.

"Is that the reason you invited me, just so you can show that picture?" I joked, this time making the audience laugh.

"What? No! Of course not!" Jeffrey waved his hand but winked at the crowd, a seasoned entertainer. He leaned forward, smiling. "How are you, Luke?"

"Pretty great." I smiled back. "What about you, Jeffrey?"

"Good, good. Speaking of pretty great," Jeffrey gestured to the screen behind us once more, and from his tone, I kind of had a guess as to what I'd see.

It was a picture of Calum and I the time we exited the building of Showbiz Management HQ, the first time we were photographed together. Another cheer from the crowd.

Dave had warned me beforehand that they might ask about Calum. "Ah, of course." I chuckled, despite the sudden twist in my stomach.

"You recently announced that Calum Hood, from 5 Seconds of Summer, was your boyfriend." More cheering as a picture of Calum and I on the red carpet at the movie premiere showed, and it was moment where I kissed his cheek. I wiped my palms on my jeans. "Yes, we announced it during the movie premiere. We figured it was time to let people know." I smiled.