Billionaire Baby Deal - Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

The excitement I had initially brewed began to dim as Keon guided our way around the park, giving us talks about the marine life and what they do.

In the underwater adventure, a stunning aray of sealife swam around us, over us, and under us. Hammerhead sharks and rays gracefully swam along with an aray of fish.

It was breathtaking to see.

My heart sank as spoiled rich kids smacked their fists on the glass walls, scaring the fish away. The parents were too interested in getting Diego to converse with them rather than teaching their children the respect these animals needed.

Diego kept excusing himself through the tour to take various phone calls. He didn't see my brewing unhappiness at his surprise as I initially had.

It became apparent that Diego had no conservations within the park. These creatures were here purely for the rich and famous to gawk at.

At one point, I found myself staring into a blue window as a bottlenose dolphin named Venus swam around attempting to dodge the bangs againt the various walls as the children attempted to gain the animals attention.

My hand fell to my stomach as Venus glided past me, her intelligent eyes focusing on my frame through the glass. Inqusitive, she begn to hover around me, inqusitive as she began making a buzzing sound.

"Some experts believe that dolphins can see a developing featus in the womb. That noise you hear is Venus intensifying her echo location. Many experts believe that a dolphin and a pregnant woman share a sacred bond during her pregnancy." Keon informed us, his voice in the distance as I took in the majestic creature in front of me.

A tear began to slip down my cheek as my hand touched the glass softly, "Why is she here?"

"She was brought here to us as an infant, injured and withoud her pod. Another one of our dolphins - Marma - mothered her. Venus recently lost her first offspring a couple of months back. Her young had been born weak and although Venus was a good mother, the young didn't survive the week." Keon replied, his voice without any emotion.

I could see the pain in Venus' eyes and I became overwhelmed in sharing her pain and grief. She wasn't happy here. She mourned her baby as any mother would.

As a gate opened, in the tank, the people around us began mulling to the exit in excitement.

"I have to take this call, Alley." Diego's voice interupted as I watched Venus swim through the door, my heart ready to break. "Please follow Keon. I'll meet you shortly."

I sensed rather than saw Diego leave, not bothering to wait for a reply. My eyes fixed on the closed gate as I came to terms with what I had just witnessed.

"Miss Knight?" Keon interupted, "Please follow me."

My mood plummeting, I followed Keon in a lift and was lead to a huge VIP area on a balcony overlooking a huge tank with a stage and platfom in the middle.

One by one trainers began introducing themselves and giving information on their bottlenose dolphins residing here. And then the trainers began entertaining the rich crowd with the dolphins performing.

One trick included a dolphin named Tilly using her tail to bat a ball into the crowd of children. That child holding the ball won a free encounter to come on the stage and stroke a dolphin.

I couldn't look anymore. Tears filled my eyes, but my ears were haunted by the soft cries of the dolphins. The crowd mistaking them as interacting when really, to me, they were crying for help.

I was a firm animal believer that any animal in captivity had to be nessesary for the animal. Conservations along with myself were firm believers in rescuing, rehabilitating and releasing animals back into the wild where they belonged.