Chapter 33: Prepare The Food For The Aftermath

Elle's POV
I felt my body freeze up completely as I saw the smoke from the fired weapon. I braced myself for the death I thought would soon follow, but instead, I felt the cold metal from the barrel of the gun leave my temple, as Gaston's body slumped to the floor.

Lumiere's hand slowly let go of the weapon and it fell to the ground.

Before I even knew what was happening, Stefan was behind me, cutting my zip ties with a knife from a kitchen.

"I-I don't understand-" I started, but my body was quickly pulled into Stefan's. I could feel his heartbeat practically beat out of his chest as he held me tighter.

"Fuck." Was all he whispered, as I let him hold me like that for a while.

Stefan's POV
I glanced over at Lumiere as I held Elle even closer to me. I could see the last bits of his old self leave him as he collected the weapons that were around us. I pulled Elle away from me before Lumiere could even think about doing what he had left behind 4 years ago.

"I'll call someone in to clean it up." I spoke firmly as I saw Lumiere silently thank me. This wasn't him anymore, and if I had to spend the rest of my life reminding him of that, I would.

"We need to head out now." Lumiere reminded us as I slowly guided Elle through the home.

"What about Pierre?" She asked, glancing up at me.

"He'll be awake in a few hours. By then, he'll also be handcuffed in a holding cell, waiting to be transferred to one of my families more personal prisons." I replied, giving Lumiere another slight nod as we all entered the now bone chilling night weather, and headed towards my car.

-

"You can head in, Elle. I'm sure Mrs. Potts would love to see you. The dinner party ended a little bit ago, so it's okay to head in through the front of the estate. Mariano is also still here if you'd like to say hello. He'd be more than happy to see you." I nodded to Elle as she placed a soft light kiss on my lips before heading inside.

I just wanted to grab her by the hips and deepen it, but I needed to speak with Lumiere first. As soon as Elle had entered the house, I drew the gun I had concealed inside my my waist band, and cocked it at Lumiere.

"You fucked up." I stated simply. His eyes grew wide.

"I'm sorry." He replied, his body rigid as he stared back at the gun that was pointed directly between his eyes.

"You were willing to give up my life, in order to save Elle's." I continued.

"Yes." He nodded, without skipping a heartbeat.

"You love her." I stated simply.

This question threw him off a bit, as he hesitated before slowly nodding.

I eventually lowered my weapon. "Head inside, Lumiere. I'm positive Mrs. Potts has been doing nothing but worrying." I nodded.

This threw him completely off.

"I- I don't understand." He replied, glancing up at me with the same facial expression he had given me when he first walked into my office.

"If you are willing to make those hard decisions in order to consistently assure Elle's safety, there's no other place I'd want for you to be than here. I need to know that there is someone who will put Elle first, before me.

"This job will be the thing that kills me, and I'm too selfish to let Elle go like that again, so when this line of work does choose to take my life, Elle must be kept safe. Her life will always come first in this home, is that understood?" I asked, sliding the weapon back under my waistband.