Chapter Five: Cosplay!

I woke up to Mary throwing open my door and shaking me vigorously. "GET UP! GET UP! WE HAVE TO HURRY!"

"I'm up! I'm up! What time is it anyway?" I asked sleepily.

"About 4:30."

"Seriously? Ughh..." I rubbed my eyes a bit and flopped back down.

"Hey! You're the one who called me over here! It's hard to make an entire outfit in one day. Now, up! I have to make sure your measurements haven't changed."

I groaned and stood up, already well acquainted with the process.

Mary finished quickly and wrote some stuff down, not telling me whether I'd changed at all, and began unpacking her supplies. "So what kind of costume did you want again? I sorta cut you off yesterday..." she said. I rolled my eyes playfully and sighed, handing her the notes.

"The first one is the one I need today, and I think I wrote down the dates for the rest." She looked at the paper wide-eyed and got to work, moving more quickly than I'd ever seen before. I watched the dress come to life before my eyes, but before she could finish, Hannah called me over for breakfast. I unwillingly tore my eyes away from the mesmerizing process and walked towards the kitchen. I had a lot of extra time today, so I decided to eat a more substantial breakfast. I told Hannah that I wanted waffles and sat down at the table, swinging my feet.

After I finished my waffles (I felt a little guilty afterward for some reason), I walked back into my room to see how Mary was doing on my outfit. I slid open my door and was shocked to find Mary almost finished with today's cosplay, which matched the magic carpet-y Arabian-type theme really well!

I was about to reach into my closet to grab that awful uniform when Mary yelled, "Wait, (y/n)! I need you to try it on!"

I stopped and turned to face her, shocked to see the outfit ready. "Wha- How??"

"Shhh... No questions! Just try it on!" she urged.

"Yeah, okay." I slipped on the outfit which fit perfectly, like always, and looked in the mirror. "Oh whoa! Thank you so much, Mare-Bear!" I gave my designer a quick hug and glanced at the clock, jumping back at my realization. It's almost time to go! I quickly changed into the banana uniform, much to Mary's dismay, and hurriedly fixed my hair, shoving the cosplay into my backpack as I went. "Hey, Hannah, I'm gonna be home late okay byeeeeee!" I said rather quickly and darted out the door towards the school.

After running for who knows how long, I finally reached the school. I panted and slowed my pace to a walk. Once I got inside, I looked around for a clock to see if I had made it on time. Oh good! I'm early! I walked to my homeroom and flopped down in a desk. I noticed Haruhi wasn't here yet. Weird, she's normally pretty early I thought. While I pondered her absence, I noticed the twins were gone too. Maybe it was a host club thing? I don't know.

Classes were pretty boring without anyone to talk to/harass me, so I was more than ready for lunch. I slipped off to the host club and quietly walked in, careful not to disturb club activity. Wait... There aren't any customers! I was about to leave when I heard my name come up in a conversation, so I, being the curious person I am, decided to listen in for a bit. I found the table where the club was sitting and hid so they wouldn't notice me.