Chapter Two: The First Day

~~~*A/N*~~~

(y/n) will often wear glasses in this to help keep her identity hidden. Whether they're real or not depends on you, dear reader!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, (y/n), you can't do this to me! I have a family!" The room was getting brighter.

"Just a nibble, Señor Waffle, please!" I whined a bit. It was practically blinding me now.

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" the waffle man screamed, slowly becoming more feminine. I couldn't see anymore.

"What?" I opened my eyes to find myself in a strange room—

scratch that—it's just my new room. Hannah was shaking me violently. "Stop that! What's the rush for anyway?" I question.

"I've been trying to get you up for, like, thirty minutes now! You have school today!" Crap. As I scrambled to the closet to get ready, I heard Hannah's voice again, this time it sounded like an odd mix of smug and confused. "What was that about Señor Waffle?" I racked my brain, trying to come up with some explanation, but everything was fuzzy.

"I'm not sure..." I replied.

"Doesn't matter! Just hurry up and get ready." At this I began scrambling again, not realizing I had slowed down. "Did you want me to do your hair or makeup?"

I thought for a moment at that. If she did too much, people might recognize me... "Just put my hair in a ponytail" (ignore if you have short hair).

"That's it? Are you sure?"

"Positive." I pulled on the dress and walked over to Hannah to zip it up and tie the bow. Afterwards, she grabbed a hair band and fixed my hair as I requested. Finally, I slipped on my glasses and dashed out the door. I got about halfway down the street before I heard Hannah screaming at me again. "Idiot! How do you expect to get to school without a ride?!" I turned around to see her climbing in her car and froze, waiting for her to pick me up. As she pulled up, I hopped in. "Seriously, I don't get how you can just forget stuff like that! You probably wouldn't be able to function without all of us." I stuck my tongue out at her and she laughed, so I pouted a bit and looked out the window for the rest of the ride. This was a pretty section of Japan.

Before I knew it, Hannah said, "We're here. Welcome to your new he- I mean school!" She nervously laughed a bit after that and shooed me out of her car. I looked up and saw a massive building. It almost looked like a castle! The only thing was... It was pink, which is an okay color sometimes, but this seemed excessive. I looked around and didn't see anybody, which could mean one of two things. One: I was really early, or two: I was almost late. Considering the time, it was probably the latter. Upon realizing this, I made a mad dash for any classroom that looked occupied. I could find my way from there.

Once inside, I found a classroom that looked pretty full. I ran up to the door and paused for a bit to regain my composure. Once calm, I opened the door to see a teacher calling roll. I took one step forward, prepared for whatever may come... and tripped. I blushed a bit and hopped up to dust off my skirt then turned to face the teacher. "Excuse me, sensei, could you tell me what class this is?"

A look of confusion passed over her face, but it quickly changed to realization. "Ah, yes. This is class 1-A." Oh, goodie! I don't remember when, but Hannah told me this would be my first class! The teacher turned to face her class again. "I almost forgot, we'll have a new student joining us today. Why don't you tell the class a bit about yourself, Miss l/n?"

I nodded to the teacher-she seemed nice-then faced my new classmates, waving a bit. "Ohayō! My name is y/n l/n, and I just transferred from (country). I look forward to being your friend!"