Chapter Four: An Interesting Discovery

I took a deep breath to prepare myself for any consequences. "Okay, I'm actually s/n." I cringed, expecting a freakout, but none came.

"Okay," Haruhi replied.

What? Do you know how many people would kill for that information? I- What? "You didn't want me to sing or anything to prove it?" I asked.

"No, I believe you."

"And you're not going to tell anyone? No matter how much money they offer?"

"Not if you don't tell anyone my secret."

Wow, okay, that went better than I thought it would. I asked hi- her (It's gonna be hard to get used to that.) about where to find some stuff and finished shopping in a bit of a daze. When I walked home, I dropped all of the grocery bags at the door, "My crush is a girl," I said. I know Hannah heard me, but she was probably trying to avoid an awkward situation. I kept walking and flopped on the couch face first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must've fallen asleep on the couch in that super elegant position because man did my back hurt! I sat up and stretched a bit, hoping to work out some of the aches.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I heard Hannah tease from the kitchen

"Uggghhh..." I groaned. Suddenly, I'm not sure why, all of yesterday's supermarket happenings came flooding back. "Hannah! It's so bad! I had to tell someone about my job because I found out she wasn't a guy!"

"Umm... Slow down a bit. WHAT!? And what was that thing you said last night about your crush being a girl?"

I took a deep breath and calmed down enough to explain what happened, and she gave me an awkward sympathetic pat on the back. "Can I skip school today? Pleeeeeaaaase?" I gave Hannah my best puppy-eyes and even got on my knees.

She gave me a look like she was in physical pain as she said that I had to go to school or my dad would kill her. I pouted at this and got up, begrudgingly getting ready for today's torture. After my morning routine, I hopped in the car for Hannah to give me a ride.

Once at Ouran, I stepped out of the car, waved bye to Hannah, and began the trek to my homeroom. I got about halfway there when the twins stopped me. "Hey, y/n," Hikaru started, "a little birdy told us..."

"That you know Haruhi's little secret," Kaoru finished. Crap! How'd they find out?

"Ummm... W-what secret? Haha..." I backed away as they were closing in on me.

"Now we have to make sure..."

"That you don't tell anyone else."

I panicked. "Wait! I told her a secret of mine too so now we're even!" They each raised an eyebrow and looked at each other.

"Oh? And what was that?" Hikaru smirked, leaning in.

"Uh... Y-you wouldn't wanna know. I-it's not interesting anyway!" 

Kaoru leaned in too. "Is that so?" They both backed off. 

"Well, no use asking if she won't tell." They turned and began walking away but looked back at me. "But we will find out." I shuddered and ran to my class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, lunchtime! I know I'm avoiding the twins, but it'd be nice to talk things over with Haruhi. I made up my mind and headed upstairs towards the clubroom. Once there, I pushed open the doors only to find the room empty, and a little messy. The hosts must be eating in the lunchroom today, oh well. I thought the quiet might be nice and sat down at one of the tables to eat. Once I finished my lunch, I looked at the mess and decided to do the hosts a little favor and clean it up for them. I began the work, singing softly and swaying my hips as I went. I felt like someone was watching me, so I looked around but didn't see anyone and continued on my merry way. As I was cleaning, I saw a calendar marked with a couple of different themes, so I wrote them down on a price of paper, thinking these may be future cosplays. I may need to give Mary a call later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the rest of my classes, I skipped out on visiting the hosts and texted Hannah that I was gonna walk home today. When I got home, I heard Hannah ask about my day, but I ignored her and walked to my room to call Mary.

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello? Mary speaking."

"Hey, Mary!"

"Oh! Hey, y/n! What can I do for ya?"

"How quickly can you get over here and make an outfit?"

She gasped excitedly. "What's this for? A boy?" I tried to answer, but she cut me off. "You know what? I'll be over with my stuff in the morning!"

I laughed a bit. "Great! I'll see you then!" I smiled and hung up, excited for tomorrow.

~*(A/N)*~

I'm so so so so so so sorry! I don't know what happened! T^T If you can believe it, I actually started writing this the day I posted the last chapter, but then stuff happened and I went on vacation and school started back, so I've been kinda busy, but that's no excuse. I'll try to post the next chapter soon, but I do have a lot of advanced classes at school, so please be patient. anyway, enjoy! (Sorry it's so short and bad btw... ^^;)