Chapter Three: Secrets

I hopped out of the car. "I'll see you later Hannah!" I actually managed to arrive on time today, thankfully. As I was walking to homeroom, I heard a voice behind me-make that a pair of voices.

"Hey, y/n!" I felt the twins each rest an arm on either of my shoulders. "How would you like to play a game?â€

I immediately perked up. I love games! "Oh boy! What kinda game is it?" I asked.

"It's called..." they backed up and put on matching hats. "...The 'which one is Hikaru' game!"

"Ooo! That sounds fun! How do you play?"

"It's easy," Hikaru started, "we'll just spin around some..."

"And then you just have to guess who's who!" Kaoru finished.

"So do you want to play?" they asked together.

"Sure!" I agreed. Right on cue, the twins did some kind of practiced spinny-dance-thing and told me to guess. I got closer to inspect their faces for any minor differences, causing them to blush a little. After considering for a moment, I triumphantly pointed to the twin on the left. "You're Hikaru!" I exclaimed.

"Nope! Sorry!" What!? That's not possible! I was so sure! Oh well, I did only just meet them... I crossed my arms and pouted for a moment before I jumped at the sound of another voice behind me.

"Stop messing with her, you know she's right." YIPE! Haruhi!

The twins didn't seem to notice my startled/blushing face as they turned their attention to Haruhi. "Aw, you're no fun!" Hikaru spoke up.

"Yeah, we were only trying to mess with her a little. We wanted to see if it was just a lucky guess!" Kaoru defended.

The two took off their hats and put them who-knows-where as Haruhi began talking again. I was a little distracted by his eyes, but I'm pretty sure he said something like, "You could've at least waited a few days! She's new here; we don't want her thinking we're a bunch of liars."

"She never would have known if you hadn't told her!" Hikaru butted in.

"I'm sure she would have eventually. She seems like a pretty smart girl." I snapped out of my daze in time to see Haruhi turn to me and smile, revitalizing my faded blush. "Did you need help finding your way around the school again, y/n? I know it takes a while to get used to." My brain was screaming for me to say something, but it seemed like my voice had decided to go on vacation without telling me. Instead, I just nodded my head like a maniac. Great job, y/n. Perfect. He didn't seem to notice, though, and began to lead me to our homeroom. I followed, silently thanking the universe that the gingers didn't attempt to embarrass me further. I seem to be pretty good at that on my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~