Chapter XIX: Beautiful Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Did you both get dates for this thing? Or are you going solo too?" Rose raised an eyebrow, beginning to realise she was the only one without a date

Mya scratched her head. "I don't have a date, the boys in my year don't interest me." Then she rolled her eyes in an action almost identical to one I had seen her sister pull on many occasions.

"We can go together then." Rose winked at her. But under the wink, I could see she was wishing Dimitri and her were like a usual couple, where the Russian could accompany her without judgement.

"You'll see him over summer, he's coming to the house." I whispered in her ear quietly, making sure the younger girls didn't hear.

"Really?" Rose's eyes shot to mine.

"Yes, so chin up." I physically lifted her chin with the tip of my finger. "Only another day now."

Rose bit her lip in excitement, but the moment was interrupted by Lisa shouting.

"What!? Jillian, are you serious?!" She stood in front of her younger sister with her arms folded and a stern expression on her face.

"Serious about what?" I walked over.

"Why don't you tell her?" Lisa glared down at Jillian slightly.

Jillian hung her shoulders. "Eddie is my date."

"Eddie?! Our Eddie?! Blonde Eddie?" I raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"It doesn't mean anything, he would never be interested in me, he just felt sorry for me because I didn't have a date." Jill's eyes refused to meet ours.

I wouldn't be so sure she was right, Eddie was always protective of the younger girl and until now, I had pinned it on him viewing her as a little sister. But who knows, maybe we were wrong? The age gap between Rose and Dimitri shows that anything can happen.

"Lisa it's fine, you know you can trust Eddie, he would never do anything anyway." I touched Lisa's arm gently.

"You can't talk, I heard you and Christian talking about tonight." Jillian grumbled under her breath.