Chapter X: Cute Nights In

19/11/2016

Rights to some of the characters and plot line go to J. K. Rowling and L. J. Smith. However, most of the characters and plot are mine.

It was my 18th birthday yesterday guys, I feel like you should vote as my present ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherina's PoV:

I was only out for around half an hour, but it was long enough for teachers to appear, drag both Black's, Malfoy, Goyle, Crabbe, Parkinson and Dolohov off to the medical ward and take me to the headmaster's office. I woke up on a sofa in the corner, Roberto arguing with Dippet while Kiyo stroked my hair and Tom Riddle of all people just stood in the middle of the room.

Dippet seemed to be threatening to expel me but Roberto argued that Dippet knew the threat of allowing me into the school when I was accepted, and that it wouldn't be fair at all. The argument went on for a good five minutes before Kiyo realised I was awake.

"Kat?" He spoke softly from his place on the floor in front of me. "How are you feeling?"

I smiled a small smile for his benefit, allowing him to help me sit up. "Weaker than Cathy."  He frowned, sitting beside me on the chair and wrapping both his arms around me so I could curl into his side.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to you in time Rina, I should have tried finding you as soon as I realised Cathy was missing, I-"

"Stop it!" I cut him off before he could get even more worked up. "We both know that you aren't responsible for my magic fits." He looked about to protest but I shook my head rapidly. "No! My fits, my fault."

"You can't control them, it's not your fault either." He lent his head on the top of mine. I chose not to respond, knowing he was right, that I couldn't control it, but still feeling responsible for what was happening to those people.

They did deserve it anyway. Would I really have wanted to stop, even if I could?

I looked up to see Riddle watching my brother and I, Roberto and Dippet still not having realised I was awake.

"No! I will not stand here and listen to you say such things when you were warned by both The Minister and her previous headmaster! You cannot simply get rid of her and hope the problem goes! You're going to have to man up Armando, and deal with the damage she's caused!" Roberto's voice was an obvious shout, his face near purple from anger. He pointed his finger at the headmaster, his other hand gesturing wildly.

Headmaster Dippet looked completely flustered, obviously not knowing how to deal with this new development.

"Roberto..." I spoke quietly, letting him know I was awake. His eyes met mine immediately and he ran over, kneeling in front of me with both his hands on either side of my face.

"Kit-Kat! Are you okay baby girl?! Tell me you're fine, I know when these things happen they can take a massive toll on you and I don't want you in any kind of pain despite-" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing him in a hug. He wrapped his arms back around me, lifting me off the sofa and into the air. "You terrified me, I've never seen an explosion that big." His voice dropped to a whisper.

"I know." I whispered back. "I'm fine now, I promise." He placed me back on the floor, his hands going to my shoulders in a way that said they wouldn't leave anytime soon.

Kiyo stood up and placed his hand at the small of my back, they both pushed me forward to stand near Riddle and Dippet.

"It's only fair that you want to expel me Headmaster Dippet, ignoring what Roberto has said. What I did was unforgivable, no matter whether I wanted it to happen or not. I apologise and I will apologise to the victims if asked of me." Don't really want to apologise, but you know.