“You don’t have to have fun,” I teased as I started to walk towards the kitchen.

The second I got in I went to the far right cupboard and opened it. The second the doors opened I was confronted by several large bottles, all practically filled to the brim showing that no one intended to drink them.

Sighing, I reached in and grabbed one of the first bottles I saw. “Shame my dad doesn’t drink a lot. He has some really yummy drinks.” I stated as I peered down at the label, on the dark (almost black looking) bottle, to see that I’d chosen “Bunnahabhain”, which was an eighteen-year-old scotch that, from what I remembered, was very tasty.

“Your dad said no drinking,” Ian told me as he walked over to me.

I rolled my eyes, “When have you ever known me to follow his rules.”

“What about your car?” Ian questioned. “You heard him. He will take it from you if you don’t behave.”

“Behave, behave, behave,” I repeated in slight anger. “I am tired of that word or words that are associated with it, especially when it is spoken to me, because it makes me feel like a dog. But, newsflash,” I told him as I twisted the unopened top to the scotch, “I am not a dog, I don’t sit when people tell me to, and I most defiantly do not listen to my father’s commands.” With that said I took a huge gulp of the scotch. My face crinkled up as the liquor slid down my throat and burned. Taking the bottle from my lips, I tilted it in Ian’s direction. “What is it gonna be partner?”

“It is going to be me sober and trailing after you, making sure you don’t do something stupid.”

I shrugged, “Whatever you say, Randall.” I proclaimed as I called Ian: Randall, which Ian knew by my constant rants that Randall is a huge worry-wart that tended to never want to live on the wild-side of life.

Inhaling and exhaling loudly Ian snatched the bottle from my hands. “If anything happens tonight, I will not hesitate to blame you.” Ian stated and then chugged down some of the scotch.

I smiled, “What a great friend you are... and plus, what is the worst that can happen tonight?”

***

“Elle, wake up,” A male’s voice said.

Cracking open my eyes I saw Ian sitting up in the bed next to me. “Ian?” I muttered in confusion before shrugging it off that he was sitting next to me on the bed. “Five more minutes,” I stated as I rolled over to only find that the sheet slid over my bare skin as I moved. It was then that I realized I was naked under the sheets. Sitting up, quickly, I clutched my bed sheets to my chest. “Oh my gosh,” I mumbled as a headache started to form in my forehead area. “Please tell me ... we didn’t...”

Ian looked down at his lap, “Honestly, I don’t remember ... but it would seem we did.”

“Shit! Shit! Shit!” I shouted as I got off my bed, not forgetting to wrap the sheets around my naked body. “I can’t believe this!" I cried at myself for being so foolish as to getting drunk and ... and having sex with my best friend.

Ian leaped off the bed and walked over to me. He embraced me in a tight hug, “Don't cry, please.”

Those words were easy for him to say because he lost his virginity three-years-ago with his girlfriend at the time. Yet for me, this was my first time. To think I was going to save myself for my husband ... not for a drunken night where I couldn’t remember anything...