Ian gave a chuckle as he watched me with humor dancing in his eyes. “You are getting crumbs all over your bed,” He told me.

“So?” I asked with a mouthful.

It was Ian’s turn to roll his eyes. Once he did, he began to open his mouth but stopped his attempt to speak when my door opened.

Standing in the doorway was my father; he locked eyes with me and nodded. “Elle.”

“Father,” I replied in our normal greeting.

I watched as he started to button his sleeve cuffs... “I have a charity event to go to at Windermingle Hall downtown. And as you are aware, or I presume you are aware, Ian’s mother is at her sister’s house because her sister is sick. So, this leaves you guys home ... alone. While I may not favor that thought and idea, it seems there is very little I can do about it.” Father looked at me sternly, “I expect you to behave, no drinking, no trashing the house, and no friends over.”

“Wow, the stick up your ass is really far,” I stated.

Dad gave me a heavy glare, “I will pretend I didn’t hear that.”

“Whatever makes you leave the house thinking you are Dad of the Year.”

Father released a hefty sigh, “Elle, we rarely talk. Can you please refrain from your sarcastic mouth for two minutes?”

“No can do. I speak what is on my mind.”

When he was done buttoning his cuffs, Dad dropped his hands to his side. “Because you can’t put a muzzle on that mouth, the security alarm to the house will be on, meaning you are not to leave this house or I will know-”

“Oh, I am scared,” I stated as I gave a fake shiver.

Narrowing his eyes even more, Father spoke, “You will be if you want to keep your car.” With that said he walked out of my doorway and down the hall.

“Elle, he is your father-”

“Don’t say it,” I pleaded for I knew what was about to come out of his mouth.

“You should treat him with some respect.”

I groaned at his words, knowing he was right. “I know, I know. However, when he is around I just can’t control my mouth. Words just come spilling out at their own accord.”

Ian shook his head at me, “Well, now because of that mouth of yours we can’t leave the house.”

I rolled my eyes, “Do you do everything everyone tells you?” I questioned right before leaping off my bed and racing out of the room.

“Elle! Don’t do it!” Ian shouted as he tried catching up with me.

I walked into one of the front rooms and peered through the shades. Soon enough I watched as Father’s black Audi pulled out of the driveway. Smiling, I knew it was game time.

“Elle, I know what you are thinking, but let’s be reasonable,” Ian pleaded as he reached me.

“Don’t be such a party pooper! I am just going to have a little fun,” I smiled.

“Last time you said that, I woke up in a corn field twenty miles from here.”

I gave Ian a grin because that was a really fun night. Of course, Ian doesn’t remember that night because he was drunk as a skunk. Guess you can blame me for that...