Chapter 34: 10 Toes Down

Start from the beginning

"Mike was her cousin?! What the fuck! And your ass is a fool, she coulda told on both of y'all." I frowned and leaned in closer because I can't believe this.

"Yeah, Trae can explain the rest. But I wanted to let you know you don't have a reason to be mad at him. Hell, I'm tired of him being a big ass baby about this. That's not the reason I called you though."

I waited for him to tell me why I was here. He looked all around as if someone was watching him. He made me kinda nervous so I was looking around too.

"Trae got locked up the night of his birthday, Jermaine did too."

"Locked up?! That was three days ago! Why am I just now hearing about this?" I damn near jumped out my seat.

"Because you and Trae don't fuck around like that. He told me all the shit you was telling him. I'm desperate and I need yo help, mane." He rubbed his face.

"Okay, I was pissed at the moment and we both said stuff that we shouldn't have to each other. Trae know my heart and he know I wouldn't let him stay down. His mama know?"

"Yeah she know, he was the one who called her. His mama the only one he talked to because he only had that one call. The reason she ain't call you is because her and Jermaine mama stressing bout it, saying how they bail gone be high as hell." He shook his head.

"He been there for three days with only one call?" I scrolled my phone looking for my moms lawyer.

"Jay! I been outchea' all day and night trying to stack some extra money for them. They mamas ain't got no fucking money like that, them niggas paying the bills at they mama crib. I need you to help me, help them." He pleaded.

"You ain't even gotta ask! We gotta talk to Trae or Jermaine to see if they gone get a court date. I just pray they don't hold them in there for too long. Why they get arrested in the first place?"

"At first we was chilling at Trae crib, and then we decided to go to the hood. I really don't remember the details, but I remember we was shooting in the air and smoking. Next thing you know, the laws rolled up. I dipped on they ass, but Jermaine, T, and some other nigga got caught. Jay, they both had drugs and guns on them." He banged his fist against the table.

I rubbed my temples, trying not to freak out. Trae cannot do time in prison. The police already harasses him all the time. I don't want Derrick growing up without his dad around. Whatever I gotta do to make sure they get out, I'll do it. I'm putting all the petty BS to the side to help my baby get out.

"We gotta go to Ms. Chrissy house so we can talk about this with her."

We got up and left the diner then headed to Trae's mom house. I need to find out what jail Trae is in and what they arrested him for in the first place. I trailed Quez and he sped the whole way in his Jaguar. When him and Trae first started hanging around, he didn't even have a car now look at him.

I parked my car on the side of her house and walked behind Quez. He banged on her door like he was the police and she yelled from the inside. After two minutes of waiting she finally opened the door. She puffed on a black n' mild with her blonde hair all over her head. Quez and I spoke to her, but she didn't look too happy to see us.

"What y'all want?" She blew the smoke out her mouth.

"What jail Trae call from?" Quez asked.

I wasn't about to say anything because I don't want her going off on me. She looks pissed and I'm not trying to argue with her. I'll let Quez do all the talking for now.

"The same jail they always send his ass too, Jakiyah know. I already told Trae I don't have the money right now if that's why y'all over here." Her two gold teeth shined as she talked.