CHAPTER FOUR

When the paramedics finally came, Lexie thought as if she was going to die.
"Seattle Grace," Lexie said. "I work there."

The paramedics put her on a gurney and carefully and skillfully loaded it into the back of the ambulance.

Lexie couldn't stand the sirens of the ambulance, she took them as a sign that death was near.

One of the medics climbed into the back of the ambulance and viewed her injuries. Michelle, the witness, held her hand tightly.

"Tell Meredith.. that she's a good sister.. and that I.. love her.  And tell Mark that I love him.. and I'm sorry.. I caused him so m- much pain.." Lexie said, passing out. The medic woke her, and she suddenly had no clue what had happened.

"W- Where am I? Who are you? What happened?" Lexie asked.

"Lexie, you were in a car accident. Do you remember?" The medic asked softly.
"No." Lexie said, struggling to sit up.
"Stay still Lexie. Your injuries are major." The medic said loudly.

after a few moments of silence, the paramedic driving stopped the ambulance.
"We must be there." Michelle said.
"Where?" Lexie asked.
"Seattle Grace." The medic answered.

"No, no please don't bring me here. I work here."
Lexie said, trying not to cry.

"We have to, Lexie" The medic said.

The ambulance doors burst open, and the two paramedics rushed the gurney out of the ambulance.

Lexie could see Meredith, her half-sister, standing next to some man Lexie didn't know.
He was looking at her. As she passed him, she looked into his blue eyes and could tell he was crying.
"Why is he crying?" Lexie asked.

"What do we got?" One doctor asked. Lexie noted that he had ginger hair.

"Lexie Grey, 28. Broken femur, possible brain injuries to unknown extent."
One paramedic said.

-

[HOURS LATER]

Lexie woke up in her hospital bed, remembering that she was in a car accident. Her legs ached, and she didn't feel like moving them.
"Lexie."

Lexie looked to her right, expecting her father to be sitting there. Instead, there sat the man who she had seen crying.
"Lexie. Do you remember me?" He asked.
"N-No.." Lexie said, trying hard to remember him.

She wanted to remember him. She did. With the way he looked at her, who wouldn't?
He looked at her with love in his eyes. He looked at her like he was in pain just seeing her like this.

"Mark. It's Mark." He said, tears forming in his eyes. He waited for her to say she remembers him, but she just stared in confusion.
"Please, Lex. You have to remember me. You love me.. I love you.." Mark said, bursting into tears.

Lexie motioned for Mark to come closer, and he scooted his chair closer to the bed. She laid his head on her lap and ran her fingers through his hair.
"It's okay," Lexie said softly. "don't cry."

"This is what she does to cheer me up. How does she remember this, but not me?" Mark thought to himself.

Lexie eventually fell asleep, as did Mark.