"how could i fall in love with you?" you deny, breathing out deeply with a forced smile as you play with the paper around your coffee cup. "you were just with two other girls a while ago."

and that, is why everything was wrong, worthless, and bad. jeon jungkook is a playboy. he has always been one. and you were not looking for anything when you found him but it somehow made you question what you wanted, and if you were ready to have contact with someone like him, who is prone to break hearts. you never understood why anyone was ready but when you watch all those girls swoon over him, having weak knees when he does a simple gesture like a wink, or a lip bite when one of their skirts were too long, you understand why it is worth the risk.

why is that one most terrible person who entered your life out of nowhere, suddenly meaning so much to you? why have you completely fallen for him, for everything he does, says, and simply is. he is your first thought in the morning and your last thought before you fall asleep. he is almost every thought in between. yeah, you think about him often, but does he think about you just as often? he calls you his future wife, so you save him a seat in your future just in case he wants to be a part of the journey. it's hard to admit you have fallen in love with someone who can't be yours. but you did not care, you just want him to stay for a long time because your heart really likes him.

"im not going to fall in love with someone who isn't in love with me, if i am going to fall in love with someone, it's only fair if they are falling for me too." you begin to feel the sadness and tiredness behind your eyes, tilting your head to watch him sit there with words that die on his tongue. you didn't just fall in love once. you fall in love with him everytime you look at him. you have looked at him in millions of ways and you have loved him in each. he would never know how easily he makes your day. you just want to be the girl who makes his bad days better, the one who makes him say "my life has changed since i met her." but he never looks at you the same way he looks at the rest of the pretty girls he knows.

"yeah? what if i was in love with you?" jungkook laughs after he sips his coffee and watches you with large puppy brown eyes. "you going to the end of exams party tonight?"

"yeah." you respond with a simple nod, your hair instantly becoming a curtain to cover half of your face. jungkook moves closer to you from the across the table and brushes your hair with his fingers, tucking it behind your ear.

"great, y/n's first frat party." jungkook chuckles as you move back in your seat tentatively, wishing that he would just play with your hair for a little longer but ignoring those feelings. "who are you going with?"

"no one, what about you?" you question, hoping that in the next few moments he would answer you.

"ah, im taking lee sumin." jungkook replies simply. of course, it's no surprise the most beautiful boy on campus would take the most prettiest girl.

...

you may have lost someone who didn't love him, but he lost someone who truly loved him. you act like it isn't a big deal, when really it is breaking your heart. you walk into the party, fiddling with the hem of your short, tight and red bustier dress. you never wore clothing like this, but it was a gift from your older sister, who told you to find someone to bring home to the dinner table the next huge gathering.

there's nothing new about your appearance other than your outfit, because although you were educated in these types of things; thanks to growing up with two older sisters who devoted their lives to beauty, you were too lazy to put effort in things like that. tonight, you were wearing high beige patent heels. the dress keeps pushing your boobs up, and despite your many attempts to hide them back behind the fabric, they wouldn't budge.