c h a p t e r - 1

hope y'all like the first chapter!! 💓
the picture attached is sloan (zendaya)

✱✿✱

I'm psychic, yes that's true. That's exactly why I can never stay more than half the school year at one place because I keep exposing myself. I have a feeling this time's going to be different. I'm going to do my best to make sure I don't give away anything about my identity.

I may look deadly to most, but in reality, I'm quite unimpeachable, if I do say so myself. But honestly, I don't blame them, looking at myself in the mirror, I realise why. My 6'0" height, electric blue eyes that glow in the dark and jet black hair definitely aren't the most welcoming.

Apparently my assumptions were correct.

Everyone's vicious gazes snapped from the teacher towards me the moment I stepped into the lecture hall.

The teacher, Mr. Boyle, I heard, cleared his throat and gestured towards a free seat next to a few guys who were picking their noses and flicking the buggers at each other.

Ew.

As if this day couldn't get anymore worse than it already has, I heard people whispering about me as I made my way up towards the revolting teens who still haven't matured.

'Who is she?'

'Where's she from?'

'Why haven't I seen her before?'

'What's up with her outfit? Looks like she just came out of the trash.'

Ouch. That last one really hurt. I had tried my best to look like and average 18-year-old girl but obviously, it's not working out that well. I needed to blend in with the high school population and never stand out. I woke up at 5 a.m. just to do my hair and make-up like the majority of them and to pick out the right outfit so everyone would think I'm an ordinary teenager and blend in with everyone.

As I sat at my seat, a guy who was throwing buggers smiled at me and held out his hand in front of me as if he wanted a handshake.

His shirt was bulging with amazing abs and biceps filled with muscles which I may or may not have stared at. He was tall, but not much taller than me, about 6'3", gunmetal blue eyes and dark brown hair.

I may have manners but I'm not shaking that disgusting guy's hands considering what he's been doing so I waved and gave him a polite smile instead.

Throughout the whole lesson, I barely paid any attention to what was happening around me. I kept thinking about what people said about me.

What's wrong with what I wear?

I like what I'm wearing so why should I care about what others think?

But aren't I supposed to look like a normal teenager?

What if people don't like me because of what I wear?

All these thoughts kept swirling in my head until I couldn't take it anymore.

'STOP!' I shouted. Only, I hadn't meant for it to actually come out of my mouth.

The nerds in front of me who were actually paying attention turned around and glared at me.

'Excuse me, but do you have any problems with what I am teaching?' Said Mr. Boyle.

Oh shoot.

'Erm, sorry Mr. Boyle, I didn't mean for that to happen.' I looked down to my text book and tried to comprehend what he was currently teaching even though my mind was anywhere but here.

Talk about first impressions.

'Do you need help with that?' The guy who wanted a handshake with me earlier asked.

'What gave it away?' I thought I was keeping my facial expressions in-check.

'Hmm... Maybe it's the creased forehead or the fact that you're looking at the math expression like there were a band playing on a pizza on it?'

I laughed and he smiled at me.

'Yeah I don't really get this, but I'll get the teacher to explain it to me later.' His smile faltered slightly when I said that but his cheerfulness remained the same.

'Alright then. I'm William Pierce, you?'

'Sloan Shaw.'

The bell rang and I checked my timetable.

Yes! Free period.

I waved goodbye to William and ran off towards my car to get my luggage that I'd need for the rest of the school year, or until whenever I can keep my powers hidden.

Actually, I was late today and it was only my first day at Richardson High School and I ran for my first lesson, leaving my belongings in my Mercedes.

Dorm room number 306. That's what the letter the school had sent me said.

I went up to a girl who had long blonde hair that went down to her hips and a huge smile on her perfect face with emerald green eyes. She seemed friendly, and I was right.

'Hi! I'm Athena Jones, what about you?' She said, light-heartedly.

'Hey! My name's Sloan Shaw and I'm new here, would you mind helping me get to my dorm, 306?' I asked, returning her mirthfulness.

'You're new here? No wonder I haven't seen you around! Of course I wouldn't mind bringing you there!'

I wasn't surprised she knew everyone, considering her friendliness.

We took the lift up to the 3rd storey and turned left and stopped at the door in front of us.

'Consider yourself lucky, Sloan. You got the best dorm room in the whole school. Pretty much a luxury suite. I have class now, gotta run. See you at lunch, yeah?'

I nodded and watched her leave before taking out my card to the room and opening it.