Epilogue

Epilogue

“Thank you for the flowers.”

Jessica smiled gently at Kai and looked out at the setting sun in the horizon. On the rooftop of EXO’s new dorm, the view of the city and the famed Han river is perfectly at sight. They sat huddled up on a wooden bench that was there for some unknown reasons. Kai’s fingers intertwined with hers before he lifted up her hand to his lips.

“How did you find me?” Jessica asked, making Kai look back at her.

“Maybe the right question is… why? Right?” He tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ear, “I felt the need to take care of you, Jessica. Even though I had no idea if we really did that to you back then, everything in me revolted to find you and make sure you were okay.”

The memories of having to hide from the media and to lie to nurses and staff came back to him. Since the day they moved to the new dorm, he did his best to deny what he has been up to because his instincts told him not to trust one of them. He didn’t know about Chanyeol back then but what made him a lot more suspicious is the fact that his handkerchief was missing; he remembered so well that he decided not to bring any hanky to the event. 

“The first time I saw you, you weren’t in good condition at all. It made me so weak to know that someone had suffered because of us.”
Kai lowered his gaze to their knotted fingers.

“So from that day, I told myself that I will take care of you in every way I can. I went there almost every day to bring you flowers – carnations as some nurses told me—so that in case you woke up, you have something good to see because your last memory was of that tragedy.”

“Kai…”

Jessica didn’t hesitate to wrap her arms around his waist feeling the heat of his body radiate off to her. Ever since Andrea was sentenced to life in prison for kidnapping and frustrated murder, Kai never left her side along with Detective Han. Jessica visited her sister a few times; Andrea didn't want her to go there often. Her sister had promised her a good life and she kept that promise by entrusting her to people she chose very well.

“I know it might be rude to ask you but… have you… forgiven your sister?” Kai hesitantly asked.

Jessica pulled away and smiled very gently at the orange sun.

“No… I still have a lot of questions in my mind… a lot of doubts and pain,” Jessica took in a deep breath, “But I love her. I love Andrea more than anyone else. She’s my only family. She looked after me and loved me in every way she could. So if you ask me if I’ll ever forgive her, maybe I can’t. But I can forget everything because I love her so much. And I’m the only one she has left.”

Andrea gave up ownership of EXO without pulling out her stocks on the condition that the boys got enough rest and be given proper treatment from the company. Chanyeol was announced to be on hiatus while secretly undergoing debriefing and therapy from the brainwashing and some experimental drugs used on him. The rest of EXO also went to therapy for the entire emotional trauma they had from the whole issue and were given a season of full rest where they were able to relax and spend time with their family.

It was almost funny because this was the biggest event in their lives yet the fans had no idea it ever happened. For the first time in a very long time, they were actually given privacy over such grave matter. 

All of Andrea’s properties are co-owned with Jessica that is why in her absence, the younger Choi took over. And it was the gentlest and most peaceful administration La Bella has ever seen. Henry's stocks were forfeited after the criminal case against him.