Ten

Ten—Missing

Andrea woke up at exactly 6am but instead of getting out of bed immediately, she stayed there for a while. The warm sheets sent her a kind of comfort she never knew she longed for until now. Last night was a total waste. She should have been a lot more careful.

In her living room, almost half of EXO are still awake, trying to reach their missing member. It was so unlikely of Chen to just disappear without any trace for more than 24 hours. Sure, they have been trolled a lot by the guy but never to the extent that he’d fake going missing.

“Have you called his family? Maybe he went there without telling us?” Suho asked Luhan.

“No… his parents are on vacation. He sent them tickets last week.” Pretty face answered.

They have searched every place they could think of: SME’s practice rooms, music rooms, even clubs they often went to, restaurants… but they still couldn’t find him. His phone just kept ringing without an answer. They have alerted Sara about it even though they still haven’t gotten any response from her.

The poor kids where clueless on what to do. Not to mention that they have a TV appearance in the evening which required ALL of them to attend. The whole fandom will surely create a huge buzz about it and soon enough, the nightmare will happen again.

“Could it be the sasaengs again?” Lay finally spoke after being quiet this whole time.

“If this is still about that rape case then I don’t know anymore.” Luhan sat back on the couch and buried his face in his palms.

If they were normal people, they would have reported the incident to the police. But then, they are EXO and such actions would lead to irreversible consequences. Just where in the world is their manager?

“What’s happening?” Andrea appeared, dressed in her usual running attire.

“Uh… One of our members is missing.” Suho answered, looking at Andrea with concern written all over his face, “Have you seen Chen by any chance?”

Of course I did.

“No. Since when has he been missing?” She didn’t even try to pretend interested.

The kid has always annoyed her that even the most basic expression was too difficult for her to do.

“He didn’t come home the other night.”

“Have you told the police about it? That is pretty serious.” Andrea suggested, minding the fact that these boys might as well turn in themselves for the crime they’ve committed.

“We can’t do that, Andrea,” Lay shook his head lightly, “We’ll be in trouble.”

You’re already in big trouble, honey.

The other SM managers were told of the situation and for the whole day, everybody was working on how to cover up Chen’s absence. The TV appearance is one where they will perform and do an interview with live audience. And the last and safest resort was that he was too sick to attend.

“You all really think that alibi would work?” Kris asked.

“Do you have any other suggestions, our king?” Chanyeol bowed sarcastically at him while a makeup artist was doing final touch ups on his nose.

“We can say he went to the mountains and became a monk.” The king rolled his eyes at the peasant, completely disgusted by merely seeing his face.

Buttoning Xiumin’s jacket was Mirae, who was completely caught off guard by everything she has seen so far. First, the 12-piece boy band arrived with one member short and a manager out of reach. And then they start bickering like they couldn’t stand being with each other. This is all completely out of how she, as well as the whole fandom, has imagined EXO.