Six

6 - Claim

When Henry received a call from Andrea a few days before the EXO concert, he already knew she was up to no good. He met up with her at a café with a few of the event staff. Watching and listening to her talk about what she wanted to happen, he was proud and at the same time scared of her.

Andrea has always been a single minded girl, focused on what she is doing at all times. Her sister Jessica is her one and only treasure and when the incident happened, EXO has become her new obsession. Not like her sister Jessica who would fight for the boys. Andrea wanted them down, broken and forever regretting.

Henry was standing beside Andrea when it was all happening. He heard the crowd of teenagers go wild while Tiffany hurriedly took out her phone to send the message her boss dictated to her to the media. It said that EXO was showing their true colors. That they are not the innocent boys the fans claim them to be.

The sly smile on Andrea's face while she witnessed the whole group's embarrassment in front of thousands of people seemed to say only one thing: that it was nothing compared to the humiliation her sister went through.

"What are you planning now, my love?" Henry asked Andrea while driving to the office.

"Huh?" She peeled her eyes off the window and looked at him like she already forgot he was there.

"You should take some rest." His words were too sweet.

"Have you ever seen me sleeping?"

"Ahh..." He tried.

"No. But I sleep. You just sleep before me."

He chuckled. Admittedly, he is the sleepyhead between them but there was a perfectly good reason for that. When they arrived at the exclusive parking area, he stayed seated in the car and just stared at Andrea. How could such a beautiful creature be real?

"Will you marry me?" He blurted out in a millionaire way.

Just how the hell do rich people blurt out things in a filthy rich way?

"Henry, stop it." Andrea laughed a bit and opened the door.

But it won't open.

"Why don't you answer me?" Henry asked, still with his mellow voice.

"Quit joking. We're gonna be late." She started to get annoyed.

"What if I'm not kidding?" He leaned closer to her until he could feel her breath on his lips.

"Then I say no."

Henry froze for a second and then pulled away, grabbing the wheel a little bit tighter. He arranged his thoughts and tried hard not to breakdown in front of Andrea. Even though he should be the first one to understand that Andrea will say no to such question every time, he couldn't help but get hurt at the fact that she won't even lie for once... for him.

"Are you tired of me?" Andrea's voice was far from cracking.

"No." Henry answered immediately without looking at her. "I just thought you'd want marriage."

Andrea sighed. Marriage meant nothing to her. It's just something that complicates a relationship more. The feeling of being tied up to a person forever is just too burdensome. She doesn't need a contract to be truthful to her words. As far as she knows, she is taking good care of the people important to her with or without a written agreement.

"Isn't this enough? I see you, you see me. We share a bed in some nights and we are exclusive. What is the need for a contract?"

"Haha. Okay, I got it. I thought you wanted to model a wedding gown down the aisle. Because you would look perfect." Henry looked at her again but with a loving smile.