Fourteen

Fourteen-- Forget

"Could global idol group EXO be on the verge of disbandment?"

A few of the members gathered around the TV to watch the news about last night. As expected, the sudden cancellation of their TV appearance caused a huge fuss. Because of this, they were all ordered to stay in the dorms of the SM complex, which were usually occupied by the staff and some trainees.

"... their reason for the sudden cancellation remains undisclosed but fans speculate that the group is still under hit from the rape incident..."

"Why are we here? Sehun might go back there." Chanyeol said.

"I feel like a prisoner." Kris sulked.

"It's SME that ordered to this this time, okay. Which I think is good." Sara continued to tap on her phone.

"What do you mean 'it's SME this time'? Aren't we under SM this whole time?" Suho's perfect forehead crumpled.

Chen glanced at Sara who seemed to be caught off guard by Suho's question. Sara answered something like "of course" and went out to confer with some of the staff. They were all brought there in secret, like fugitives in their own country. As if the fans would never know that they aren't in their dorm anymore.

"Hey Chen. Isn't this about time that you told us what happened to you? Sehun is missing now and a little info from you might help find him." Xiumin now spoke up, feeling the gravity of the situation.

Chen shook his head, a little too annoyed of being asked over and over again.

"I just decided to go somewhere and it's none of your business. Sehun's situation is completely different." Chen answered monotonously.

"Don't lie to us. Gosh." Luhan felt frustrated in all of this.

"We all have secrets, Luhan. And they are kept for a lot of reasons."

Everybody fell silent when Kai spoke. They all knew he was right. EXO itself has its own secrets on what everybody did to get them where they are. The whole entertainment industry holds so many secrets on the real standard for fame or even on who gets to debut first or who gets the most lines. Secrets are what make the world interesting and secrets are what can destroy everything.

"Maybe she's... I mean Jessica is..." Lay swallowed, tasting the bitterness in his mouth in saying her name for the first time.

"Maybe all that has happened to us... the scandals... the disappearances... they were made by fans that supported Jessica..." Lay continued.

All of them looked anywhere but each other as it all made sense to them in a very painful and haunting way. They all have tried to escape her and the truth that something bad, evil even had happened to her. More so, the possibility that they may have been involved in it is just too much to bear. How could they tell the police why Lay, Luhan, Chanyeol, Kai and Suho went missing for a few hours and came back with dirt all over them? How can they explain when none of them remember a thing?

"Isn't it time that we came clean?" Luhan said while pacing back and forth, "Something happened to us in that forest while the crime was being committed and it could help solve the whole case."

"Putting ourselves in the scene of the crime without any plausible alibi is even more dangerous," Chanyeol argued, but too weak to even get up from the couch.

"Andrea..." Baekhyun seemed to be deep in thoughts too.

"What about Andrea?" Chen asked a little too defensively for no reason.

"Isn't she suspicious? Too clean, too careful. Ever since she came, a lot of things happened to us... what if she's one of those people who supported Jessica?"