Chapter Twenty Seven- And The Story Unfolds

We had just pulled up to the venue after a long ass drive for the first of two shows here. I hadn't been feeling great for a little while now, but I wanted to carry on as normal. We had brought everything into the arena and started to set up again, while Josh and Tyler had gone out to do a coffee run. We were all in desperate need of caffeine.

Father John and I were setting up the drum riser when Mark walked over. I had noticed him looking over our way a lot in the last 10 minutes. I wasn't quite sure what I had done, but I was sure that I was about to find out soon.

"Ava, are you okay? You're really pale and you seem to be turning more and more grey. Do you want to take a seat and grab a drink?" I shook my head, I didn't need to draw any more attention to the current situation.

I shook my head, about to answer back before the wave of nausea hit again and hit harder than before. I knew I had approximately 15 seconds before I made it obvious exactly how "okay" I felt. So I did the most sensible thing I could think to do. I clamped. my hand over my mouth and ran towards the nearest bathroom, as quickly as I could, almost knocking Tyler over in the process. I heard several different voices calling my name, and a set of footsteps following me. I barely made it in time, thank god for Nick dragging me out running when we still worked together. Still got it.

A loud knock reverbrated around the bathroom backstage. I wasn't sure if it was travel sickness, morning sickness or a combination of both, but somehow, here I was kneeling on the floor of a toilet stall in Berkley throwing up (what felt like) everything I could have possibly consumed in the last three years. I heard the stall door opening and felt a hand on my back rubbing gently.

"Hey Ava, I brought you water. Josh is trying to distract the guys but I think they know that something is up. They're all asking questions out there."

I sighed, sitting back and taking the cold bottle of water from Jenna, taking a sip before pressing the cool plastic against my forehead. Jenna pulled a pack of baby wipes out of her bag and dabbed at my face a little, trying to remove the mixture of sweat, tears and smudged make up from my face.

"It's probably time to tell everyone, isn't it? I thought we would have had longer to work things out?" Jenna gave me a sympathetic look before hugging me.

"Don't do anything that you don't feel comfortable doing. This is between you and Josh first and foremost. Michael, Tyler and I are just here to support you in any decisions you both make. Just know that we all love you."

Trust Jenna to be the sensible one, as per usual. She spoke sense to me whenever Josh and I had first met and were fighting constantly, and she still spoke sense now. I loved having Jenna around, she was like a best friend and a sister, probably my favourite part of joining this tour. Tyler was right when he said we would be as close as could be. I'm not sure that I would be able to cope with the pregnancy without my confidant.

With regards to the pregnancy though, it was still early days, but things were becoming obvious. We had to break the news sooner rather than later.

Jenna and I walked out of the bathroom, back towards the stage. The crew had all crowded around Josh and Tyler. Mark was the first to notice our return.

"Ava! I'm so sorry, are you okay? I didn't mean to startle you!" I shook my head and hugged Mark.

"I'm okay, just needed a moment." I turned to Josh and spoke quietly, "I think now's the right time, I'm sorry."

Josh nodded and kissed my forehead. He clasped my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze, while clearing his throat.

"Okay guys, we were going to wait a little while longer, as per the original plan and suggestions of the doctor, but it's better if we tell you now to avoid any more confusion. Ava?" All eyes were on me now, Josh let go of my hand so he could wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side. Jenna smiled and nodded, encouraging me.