10: Grin and Bear It

Start from the beginning

 I slowly walked down the walkway to the beach. Really? Not only does Lana have Mitch for a brother but now my friend is DATING one?

 Ok, then I'll marry a rock star. That'll be the day.

 "Hey," I said as I finally walked up to both Maddie and Jerome. "Nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand.

 "Nice to meet you too."

 Jerome took my hand and shook it. "You probably know me but I'm sure you were just shocked to see that Maddie knows me, right?"

 I nodded. "Yeah, I mean, great for Maddie. She knows you and I never knew..."

 I quickly looked over at Maddie and mouthed Why didn't you tell me?

 Maddie just raised her shoulders and said Sorry.

 "So, girls, you're all up for some pizza?" Jerome asked.

 "Um, sure," I said.

 "Totally," Maddie said.

 We all then headed down with the rest of Jerome's friends to eat pizza.

 I then was told that Jerome met Maddie when they were little and ever since then, have kept in contact since.

 I could tell by Maddie's eyes that she was totally into Jerome. She couldn't take her eyes off of him since we first sat down for pizza.

 She was bitten by the lovebug.

 "So, I broke up with Austin," Maddie said.

 "Aw, that's too bad for you," Jerome said.

 "I know," Maddie said. "Only Austin was never a good boyfriend. I think it was time to part ways anyway."

 She looked up at Jerome like it was a sign saying that they could go out now.

 Only Jerome gave back a sign saying that....well, that he wasn't really interested.

 "I think maybe you should take a break, Maddie before dating again," I said, saving him from answering and eyeing Maddie a glance that said You just broke up with Austin. Give the guy a break and chance before you end up in another possible situation like Austin.

 Maddie nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm not going to get over Austin like that. I'm just going to take a few months before I go out again."

 Jerome smiled. "Good for you, Maddie."

 We then got out and Jerome pulled me aside from Maddie and his friends. They seemed all to be in a conversation at the moment.

 "Thanks for the save," Jerome whispered.

 "No problem," I said. "I mean, I know that Maddie kind of likes you but...."

 "Yeah, I know too but...." Jerome said.

 "What? Don't you like her too?"

 "Yeah, but I really kind of don't feel the same way. I do but then I don't. I kind of see her like a sister. Then again, I really want her to think about it before dating me. You see what I mean?"

 "Yeah," I said, nodding. "I totally see your way."

 "Plus, I don't know....I think I'm liking someone else...."

 "Oh," I said. "You sort of have feelings for another person?"

 "Yeah, well, I barely met her but...well..."

 I shook my head. "Not happening."

 "I know, you don't want your friend to get mad over you but..."

 "She's my friend, Jerome," I said. "I'm not going to hurt her. Besides, I have Sky, Jason and Mitch to worry about."

 "I heard," Jerome said. "Who knows? Maybe we can hang out again and eat at another place. As friends....maybe?"

 I sighed. "Give Maddie a chance first. After she gets over Austin."

 "Ok, I'll see you at Minecon once you change your mind..."

 "Jer...."

 Jerome just laughed and winked at me. He then went up to his friends and told Maddie that they needed to go.

 They left and laughed over some stupid joke one of the guys said.

 "I like him," Maddie said. "I really do. I just hope he sees me that way."

 You have no idea.

****

 Aw, poor Maddie. And Sel. And who knows who Jerome feels. Who's the next YouTuber?