Chapter 11: The Dream

A month has passed since then. Nothing much has happened, nothing in particular except the fact that I am still trying to figure out the mystery that is Derek Knightly.

That night, when I got home and took a shower and changed into my pjs, I layed down in the bed. It Took me a while to fall asleep, but when I did ...

I had a peculiar dream. A dream that I did not know what to make of.

-Dream-
" Daddy!" Little 6 year old me yells, running down the stairs to see him about to walk out the door. He turns and looks down at me and as I gazed back, I saw a look in his eyes that I have never seen before nor wanted to never see again.

What I saw and understood broke my little six year old heart.

On his face, in his eyes... sad, pained, regretful and so much more.
" Serenity darling, what are you doing up? You're supposed to be in bed sleeping."

" Where are you going daddy?" I ask with a confused look on my face as I stared up at the man whom I admired the most in this world.

" Daddy has to go away for a while, but we will meet again soon one day. Please know and remember that I will always love you. Remember that no matter how far away I may seem, I will always be with you.
I love you so much baby girl."

" I love you to daddy."
And then he walked out the door.

- End of Dream-
---

I woke up with a start. What was that just now? There is no way it could be what I think it could be because the doctors told me and mom on that fatal day that there was a one in a million chance that my memories would ever return.
They told us to much damage was already done for even the possibility of having them returned was basically zero.

So then.....

What just occurred if not...
Them being the memories of that tragedy, even just a snippet.

The next day or should I say the next few days passed in a blur. It was like I was in a trance because of that night.

I still couldn't believe it. How could I?

Derek, Celina and Alex could tell, I knew, that something was wrong. They all kept asking yet I Just brushed them off shaking my head. this may not seem like a big deal, but trust me it is. Especially when the doctors deemed it that they, my memories would never ever return.
I was with Derek at the library and we were studying together. He suggested it not me hoping that it would take my mind off of things.

Did it work?

Yes for about 10 minutes or so and by then I heard a sigh. I turned my head toward the sound.

I could tell Derek was asking with his eyes what was wrong, Pleading me to tell him why I have not been myself lately.

I gave him a sad look and a sigh of my own , shaking my head hoping and praying he would understand.

He did.

We went back to the task at hand, studying.

After a few more minutes went by, I finally just gave up and went on home.
-----------------------------
A/N: I know this is a day late and well I have a good excuse. I have a college paper and outline due Tuesday and so I have been working my butt off on it to make it perfect. My teacher is tough. If I leave out say the thesis statement, 15 points off of my final grade automatically in just the first paragraph alone. Also the only paragraphs allowed to be in first person point of view is the introduction paragraph and the conclusion. So I'm sure all of you out there can see why I been kinda busy lolXD😁

I also know I have been kind of slacking on the QOTD and the reason is bc I don't know for sure if I should keep doing them or not. I will let y'all lovely readers decide.

Comment yes or no if you would like me to continue the QOTD ( question of the day) deal.:) Also comment what you think of this
chapter to.! Don't be scared lol😊😁I LoVE reading yalls comments❣❣❣❣❣❣❣

Please PLEASE vote, comment and share.! Tell your friends about this story if y'all enjoy it. The more the merrier I always say :)

Have a great day!:)