Chapter 8: Getting The Job

I jumped and spun around ready to smack the person who did that when they grabbed my wrist and stopped it from meeting their face.

This person was also chuckling, and finding this all hilarious and that was when I looked up to realize that Derek was the one behind all this, still laughing, but at the same time having a small smile on his face." You scared me. Why?" I asked.
He replied with, " I wanted to have some fun." I started to glare at him, but when I looked in his eyes, I saw the same thing, a emotion I think, One that I saw before, but for the life of me could not decipher.

It was like he was still waiting and the way he looked at me

it was like he was waiting for me, but why?

I cleared my throat then said, " can you please release my hand?" He blinked and let go releasing me from.. I don't know a connection maybe.?

I glanced back at him and asked, "
what are you doing here?" He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, " my mom owns this place. I come here everyday to help around and read to the little kids whenever need be."

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, but not for the reason you would think.

Example of those reasons: OOOH or OMG the bad boy working here in a library !! NO WAY!!!No I'll explain later why.

He pulled me out of my thoughts when I heard him say, " what about you? What are you doing here?" I blinked fighting off whatever I was feeling or thought I was feeling and answered, " I'm actually here to talk to the owner who apparently is your mom about getting a job here."

"follow me then." He said and started walking. " she's probably In her office in the back."

I picked up my book and hurried after him. Upon catching up to him and standing outside a door, I started to wonder if she' was anything like her son or her son her. Derek knocked and the turned the knob.

"hey mom" he said while stepping in with me following behind.

A women who appeared to be in her early thirties stood up and walked around the desk and smiled. " who is this Derek?" She asked.

This woman had the exact same eyes as her son and I immediately knew who he took after right then and there. The only real difference was hair color.
Derek's was like a milky chocolate hers was a dark chocolate kind of color.
I stepped in front of Derek and answered her question. " My name is Serenity Hope and I came to talk about getting a job here. By the way I love what you did with the place."

"Thank you." She replied, " I assume you love to read as well and by the looks of it you have great taste in books." I blushed at that comment and look down at the book I was holding.
"yes mam, pride and prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time. I can never stop reading it. I absolutely love Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy."

She laughed and agreed. " I can already tell I'm going to like you. Your hired , and please call me miss Davidson.
By the way If you need any help with anything or have questions, just find me or Derek here and we will gladly help."

I was so happy and I thanked her and asked when she wanted me to start.

" Come in tomorrow and Derek?" She turned to look at her son, he glanced back.

It was like they were having a silent conversation with their eyes...

He nodded and her eyes widened while she turned to glance at me then back to her son.

"Um Derek? Im just going to go now. Thanks for everything and you to miss. Davidson."
"Oh your welcome dear."

I turned and headed out of the office closing the door behind me.

I could hear their voices from the other side, but just shrugged it off and headed to my car and then home.
*************************************************
A/N:  Hey hey !!!!:) so here is another chapter of who I really Am YAAAYYY!!!!:D
This chapter is a little longer than the others lol so I hope this will satisfy y'all until next Saturday and hey!:) who knows if I get enough likes and votes I might just might update early 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

So my parents went to the beach this weekend and gues where me and my siblings are at??? We got to go to our nanas lol. So they are st the beach until Monday and we are here at nanas until Monday afternoon haha XD also college has officially started to get to me lol I'm already thinking about dropping a class bc I know my times during that one class can be better spent in a different way . By the way I have started another book and I was wondering if all of you out there, ( my lovely readers) would like another book in this series or not. I know nothing major has happened but just trust me;) major major things are coming up hahaaha😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎 I have wrote more chapters and what I have in store for y'all :):):) will make y'all hate me love me and so much more 🤗🤗😏😏😏😏😏

QOTD: what would all of you lovely 😊 people or there want my next book to be about???????????????????????????????