Chapter 2: First day of School

I kissed mom on the cheek and said, " I have to go, don't wanna be late on my first day." She pulled me into another hug and said, " Love you," I pulled back and replied, " I love you to, see you this afternoon." With that I grabbed my keys and headed towards my Toyota, got in, and pulled onto the road.

I already had a tour of the school a few weeks ago and got directions to it from mom. After about 30 minutes, I was pulling into the Crescent Hill High School parking lot. I parked , got out and closed my door then locked them and headed up the steps and into the building. Kids were staring at me, probably because I'm the first new student they've had in years. I ignored them and continued on towards the front office where a lady who looked to be in her mid thirties was sitting at a desk. She looked up upon hearing the door open, " May I help you?" She asked.

I instantly got nervous so I took a deep breathe and nodded, " yes, um I'm new here and was just wondering if I could get my schedule and stuff." The lady nodded and asked, " Name?" " Serenity Hope." I replied. She smiled and said, " what a beautiful name." I blushed while she handed me my schedule, locker number and a map to the school. " Thanks miss...""miss Paige." She said smiling. I nodded, " thanks miss Paige." "Welcome ." She replied as I headed out the door and into the hallway to find my first class.

History with Mr Rialand in room 213. I was about to head that way to try to find the classroom when all of a sudden a girl jumped in front of me. " Hey," she said," my name is Celina, what's yours?" I looked at her for a minute. She had hair like mine exept hers was a shade lighter and was shoulder length. She was also 5'4 in height like me. " I'm serenity." She nodded and said, " well Serenity need help finding your classes?" I nodded while handing her my schedule. " Hm," she said while looking. " Oh! Wonderful we have history, English, lunch and chemistry together."

She then turned and started walking away down the hall so I hurried to catch up with her. We reached Mr. Rialand's classroom, went in and sat down. I turned and this guy was staring at me. Why? I don't know but it was an intense stare.
I looked away and let my hair be a curtain to shield my face.
All through- out class, every so often, I would look back and he would still be staring. I can't describe it. It was like he was waiting, but waiting for what?

When our eyes met, he looked away and so I turned back to see Celina looking at me smiling." What?" I asked. Her smile just grew and said," nothing." , but from the look she kept sending to the guy and then  me every now and then , I couldn't help but think to myself " what's Going on? " why did he stare at me the way he did?
I mean I just moved here, He doesn't know me nor I him.

The bell finally rang and the guy immediately left before anyone could say the word "Burrito."

After class I went to my locker and deposited everything from last class and grabbed what I would need for English. English/ literature with Miss. Rose was wonderful. I love to read and plus she was the kind of teacher that was laid back but knew when to be serious. Plus she was sweet and caring.

Me and Celina grabbed our binders and went to our lockers to put our binders and stuff away and headed to lunch and all the while I had one thought on my mind....

Who was that guy and why did he stare at me so?