Chapter 7: New Day

It's been a couple of weeks since I made the deal with Derek and I have to say, the tutoring was going great and my grades, along with his, has gotten much better Even though he won't admit to it.

I was currently in last block with only five minutes until I could leave and I couldn't wait.

See I talked to mom last night about getting a job and she said that the public library was looking for new workers  and the added bonus was I love books and reading so I would love it there anyway.
*************************************************So that was where I was heading now. I swear those last five minutes were the longest of my life.

"Oh well", I thought as I was pulling into the public library  heading inside. Once inside, I took a look around and immediately fell in love.

It was like my own personal heaven. There were three floors and each floor had a set of stairs leading to the next. There were shelves upon shelves of books and as I continued walking, I noticed each floor had its own little children center for kids to play and read. There was also a brown chair in the center and I guessed that was where the older ones or those who volunteered here would sit and read to the little ones.

I breathed in then out smiling to myself. I love the smell of books.

I love getting lost in a completely different world, a different time period, a different setting.

The weird thing is though, sometimes when it happens Im actually there. Like the characters can see and hear me and I swear they talk to me, but every-time I shake it off, telling myself that it's my imagination, but other times... I can't help but wonder...
*************************************************I went up stairs to the second floor, scanning the shelves looking for a good book. I stopped scanning when I came to one of my favorites of all time:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I read everything.

From classics to fiction to non fiction to fantasy and romance. I read all except horror lol. (That's the one I cannot do.). I found a table and sat down to read while I waited for the owner.

I was just getting to one of the really good parts where Darcy and Elizabeth were having one of their famous arguments when I sensed someone behind me and felt their breathe on my ear, then whisper, "Boo."
*************************************************A/N: This is super super late I know . Like a week late this is probably the latest I have ever been and again I apologize. I am still learning how to balance out my time so I can get everything I need and want done, done so please please just bear with me lol.

QOTD: if you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for???????