PART 4 OF 5

THE STORM 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2694

EVENTLOG: FIRST CONTACT WITH INSURGENT FORCES AT HOMEWORLD

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT OF CAPTAIN [REDACTED] AND INSURGENT LEADER

INSIGHT: "Hello, how did you find us?"

IL: "We followed your tracks from colony worlds you have set up."

INSIGHT: "You mean the beacons?"

IL: "Yes."

INSIGHT: "Why are you here?"

IL: "I am here looking for you Sir."

INSIGHT: "Actually sir, that's Captain or Commander."

IL: "To me you are but a man, no greater than anyone of us on either side."

INSIGHT: "Oh so there are sides now?"

IL: "[REDACTED], there have always been sides. Just the lines between them have been blurred in the past."

INSIGHT: "I seem to remember those lines were gone after the first war."

IL: "Not gone. Just disappeared to regain some strength."

INSIGHT: "Before we get sidetracked can I ask why you are looking for me?"

IL: "You are a big celebrity in the worlds of both governments. Why I am here for you to confirm your loyalty to our cause."

INSIGHT: "Loyalty to your cause? Sir I don't know what you are talking about. We are loyal to one thing and that thing is humanity and its future. It was what my father taught me."

IL: "But think about it Captain, we could rule this galaxy. We know you have alien tech on board your vessels. Even integrated with your systems.

INSIGHT: "This technology is being studied and examined for the betterment of us as a species. We will be continuing our expedition and research of this planet without the involvement of either government."

IL: "Shame Captain, it appears we will have to show you what we did with the colony worlds you set up. They said you would say something along those lines and refused to join our ranks."

[Records say Commander Insight was sent the footage of the world's burning by their fleet. Commander Insight is said to be not have had any expression other than rage during viewing of the footage]

IL: "So, have you changed your mind? Or will you subject your people to torture, destruction, and death?"

INSIGHT: "We faced an ancient battlecruiser with 62 ships. We may have lost some ships, but since then we have advanced our ships in many ways. Here is what I have to say to you and your fleet. Come at us with everything you got or you will not have a second chance."

[The conversation ends there, after The Commander said that last message he assembled the fleet into a battle positions. One hundred and One ships were prepared and battle ready for what would be the most devastating war to ever be fought in the history of mankind.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSORTED VIDEO/AUDIO RECORDINGS AND RECOUNTS OF

THE WAR FOR HUMANITY'S FUTURE

YEAR: 2694

TIMELINE: THE FIRST DAY