I sighed to myself and headed out into the dressing area. This time Seb was too immersed in the magazine to notice when I walked in so I quickly turned to look at the mirror.

The dressed looked really pretty on, but it was more of a weekend out with friends than birthday party dress.

"That looks fine." Seb said finally noticing that I had come out. I made another face at him.

"Since you and Carrie decided that I should have a big party, I don't think 'fine' will be sufficient." I said leaving the dressing area once again.

I went back to the dressing room and shed off the lace dress. I looked at the other dresses on the rack and picked one that caught my eye.

It was a strapless dress that was between Turquoise and blue. The bodice to the waist was covered in silver and blue gems. The back was cross crossed and very exposed so I couldn't wear a bra inside. However, the dress had its own built in bra. Past the waist was light chiffon fabric that was layered.

I quickly put the dress on and felt it hug my body. I was a little surprised by the short length of the dress. It looked longer on the hanger, but it was still modest enough - hitting mid-thigh. I bent over to make sure that the dress would provide full coverage and was pleased to see that it didn't ride up too much at all.

Felling confident I walked into the dressing area. Seb was talking to Ebony and I saw them both turn to look at me. I focused on Seb and saw his eyes flash quickly. His gaze ran from my head to my feet and back up again. My whole body tingled at that admiring look in Seb's eyes.

"That dress was made for you!" Ebony exclaimed walking towards me.

I turned to look in the mirror and let out a small gasp. The dress was beautiful. I immediately fell in love with it.

"Try on another one." Seb said picking up his magazine once again.

Shocked, I turned towards him. "What's wrong with this dress?" I demanded.

Seb shrugged without looking up. "It's not for you."

I frowned at him, I thought I looked great in the dress.

"I think you look fantastic in it! All the boys will be chasing after you." Ebony said. She handed me a pair of sliver heels. "Try those on, they will make your legs even longer."

I slipped on the sparkly heels, and immediately felt even more confident. I looked in the mirror and did few turned in front of it to see the dress from different angles.

Finally I turned to Seb.

"I really like this dress, can I please get it?" I asked knowing that he had the final say in whatever I got.

Seb shook his head, "Absolutely not." He said, staring intently at me.

"You don't think it looks good on me?" I asked feeling a bit disappointed. I was so sure he had liked.

"It looks fine, but I don't think your father would want you wearing that." His eyes remained planted on my face.

"Why?" I turned back to the mirror. "What's wrong with it?" I asked looking at the dress again. Maybe he saw a flaw that I didn't see.

I connected with his eyes through the mirror.

"It's too short Ana, the neck is too low and the back is too exposed." He told me in a matter of fact tone.

I stared at him in awe. "It's not too short - it's to my mid thigh, and the neck is a strapless sweetheart, it's supposed to be like this, and if the back seems took exposed I'll wear my hair down." I told him, even though I had originally thought of wearing it up just to show off the back. "Please Seb?" I begged.