Chapter 4

When we parked the car in the parking lot and climbed out of his car, which smelled really nice. The ride to the Better Egg was slightly stressed and tense. Liam's grip on the steering wheel was tight, and his knuckles were turning lighter in their color. He rolled down the windows, and you could feel some of the tension just flying out the window.

"Table for two." Liam said smiling and looking at me. I smiled and looked back at the waitress. She guided us to a table next to a window and gave us our menus.

"What will you be getting?" I asked Liam. He groaned.

"Please tell me you aren't like one of those girls who gets the exact same thing someone else gets." He pleaded. I chuckled.

"You're in luck, I am not one of those people." I said. He smiled and told me that he was getting fried eggs and orange juice.

"What will you be getting?" The waitress asked me. I handed her my menu and said,

"Hash browns and root beer please."

"That is such a healthy breakfast." Liam said. I grinned and nodded.

"That is why I ordered it." I said with a goofy grin plastered on my face. He chuckled and grabbed my hands.

"I'm glad you agreed to come to breakfast with me." Liam said. I smiled and blushed. He gave my hand a squeeze before letting go. Our food came and we dug in. The hash browns also came with pancakes, which I savored. Once we finished, Liam offered to give me a ride home, but I politely declined. Once Liam was gone, I called Alec and asked him what time the movie was at. The movie theater was only a few blocks away, so I could walk.

"The movie is in thirty minutes. I am on my way, you coming?" He asked.

"Well duh, where else would I be going." I said. I could hear him shuffle and a blinker in the background.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked. I answered yes and told him where I was. Once we said our goodbyes, I saw Alec's car pull up. Well that was fast.

"That was fast." I said. Alec smiled, dimples clear on his face. He pulled off his sunglasses and held a hand out for me to take. Rolling my eyes and smiling, I took his hand and he 'helped' me into his Raptor. Suddenly, I saw Alec pinned up against the buildings. Gasping, I scrambled out of the car as I saw Liam, his face red.

"So this is why you didn't want me to take you home?! Because this guy was taking you on a date?! I wonder what other guy is coming to pick you up after your date with him." He sneered. I pulled Liam off of Alec.

"No! You don't understand!" I exclaimed. Liam cut me off as he said,

"No, you don't understand. We are through. Done. History. I can't believe I thought you were different." I sucked in a breath. And let a breath out. Sighing, I grabbed his hand as he started walking away. He yanked his hand back.

"You don't understand. Alec is my best friend and he is taking me to the movies to help me get over some hard times with my ex best friend." I sneered. He stopped in his tracks and glared at me.

"You obviously don't see the way he looks at you." He sneered back at me.

"What do you mean?" I muttered. He scoffed.

"You really are stupid. Alec loves you, and that isn't the first time I have seen him look at you that way. Goodbye River." He said, walking back to his car. I only watched him as he drove away.

Groaning, I walked back to Alec and the Raptor. Plopping my head on his chest, I groaned once more and let a few tears fall out of my eyes. He started stroking my hair and muttering sweet things in my ear. Sniffing, I hugged Alec and thanked him.

"No problem. Now let's hurry up. The movie starts in ten minutes." He said. I nodded and climbed into his car. Once we reached the movie theater, Alec paid and we watched the movie.

***

Once the movie finished, Alec started jumping at the slightest scary noise. Which is why I hid behind a pillar and scared him. Once he finished screaming and shunning me, we walked back to the Raptor.

"I had fun River." He said. I nodded, a huge grin on my face. He put on his sunglasses to block out the sun, which was shining directly into his eyes, as he drove home.

"Do just want to stay at my place for a bit?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Sure,why not?" He laughed. I chuckled and looked out the window. Does Alec really like me?

We pulled up into my driveway and got out of the car. Walking inside, I ran grabbed the flowers that Liam gave me and threw them in the trash. My mom forgot to put them in my room and left them on the counter.

"Hey honey, what's wrong?" She asked. I sighed and said,

"Liam ended it. He thought Alec and me were together." I said. Mom sighed and hugged me. We all walked into the kitchen, and heard some thudding come downstairs.

Thinking it was Larry, I paid no attention to it. Then I felt Larrys soft fur on my hand, as the thudding was still going. Larry turned toward the stairs and started barking, her teeth bared.