Chapter 2

I awoke from my slumber because of the vibrations of my phone.

  Wiping some drool off of my chin, I grabbed my phone and said,

  "Hello?" No answer. I said 'hello' a few more times before giving up to the loud music in the background. Checking the time, I started downstairs and hopped into my Aventador and drove off to the party.

It didn't need a genius to tell what house was Liams. The flashing lights and loud music, plus some passed out, or drunk, kids in the front yard.

  Parking the car, I got out and walked to the passenger seat. Leaning on my car and pulling my phone out, I texted Stacy and Alec that I was here.

  The sprinklers turned on and I looked up, watching the water. The water started turning toward me and my car. Widening my eyes, I put my hands out in front of me as the water stopped about a foot away from me and my car, when it was supposed to soak me.

  Gasping and looking at my hands, the sprinkler closest to me turned off and Liam came running over. Smiling and getting slightly weak in the knees, he stopped in front of me.

  "Sorry 'bout that, the sprinklers weren't supposed to water the garden today." He said in his smooth, British accent.

"Your fine. The car didn't get wet." I chuckled. He laughed and stared at me kindly.

"Would you like to come inside? Grab a drink maybe?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No thanks. I'm just here to grab a few friends and drive them home, but it seems as if both of them are ignoring my texts." I said. Liam chuckled, his blue eyes closing and his black hair almost stuck in its place.

"Let's go inside, I will help you look for them." He said. I smiled and nodded, locking the car and following him inside.

  The music was making my ears ring, so I continued searching faster. Finding Stacy in the middle of the makeshift dance floor, I grabbed her arm and dragged her with me.

  "Oh hi River!" She slurred, obviously drunk.

  "Who was your other friend?" Liam asked. Stacy gasped and giggled.

  "Hey Liam. Are you and River dating now?" She asked, leaning foreword. Liam turned red as I face palmed.

  "She's drunk." I said. Liam nodded and stood there waiting.

  "Who is your other friend?" Liam asked. I made an 'oh yeah' face and said,

  "Alec. Do you know him?" Liam nodded and said,

  "Yeah. He should be in the kitchen or the backyard." He said. I nodded my head.

  "He is in the kitchen. The boy loves his food." I explained, heading toward the kitchen.

  Alec was drawn out on the pantry floor, empty bags of poptarts, fruit snacks, chips, and soda cans strewn around randomly. Chuckling and taking a picture, I walked up to him and pinched him on his collarbone. He groaned and swatted my hand away.

  "Stop. My stomach is full and I had two too many drinks." He groaned. I started laughing. At the sound of my voice, Alec sat up and grinned at me, holding his stomach.

  "Hi River!" He exclaimed. I waved.

  "Hi Alec." I said, helping him up.

  "Why didn't you save me any poptarts?" Stacy exclaimed. I laughed and we walked out to my car.

  Having Stacy in the back seat, which was small, I had Alec sit in the passenger seat.

  "So, will I be seeing you at any other parties?" Liam asked. I shook my head.

  "Parties aren't really my thing." I confessed.

  "Oh, maybe we could just meet up in private or something." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I chuckled and looked down, then back up at him.

  "If I didn't know any better, I would be thinking that you are asking me on a date." I said.

  "Is that a yes?" He asked looking at me. I smiled and nodded.

  "Sure. I'm free for breakfast." I said, clapping my hands together. He smiled and nodded.

  "Perfect. I will pick you up at eight. Does the Better Egg sound good?" He asked. I nodded.

  "Yeah, perfect." I said. He smiled and nodded, walking back inside only stopping to yell at a kid vomiting on his lawn.

  I hopped back in my car and drove off.

  "So I am going to bring Stacy home. Alec, what do you want to do?" I asked. Stacy started giggling continuously once again.

  "Stacy needs some help, and I don't think you and your mom will be able to help her. After all, my parents are doctors. I know how to take care of her." He said. I nodded.

  "Cool. My place it is." I said, making a U-turn and driving back to my house. Once we were inside, my mom grabbed some aspirin and sleeping pills for Stacy.

  "How many pills?" She asked Alec.

  "Two each." He said. Mom nodded and gave them to her. Stacy grinned and took them. Alec and I took her upstairs and placed her on the couch in my room. She grew drowsy and fell asleep.

  "Alrighty Alec. Is it alright if you can go home? I can take it from here." I said. He nodded and walked out.

  "Sure. Bye River." He said. I waved bye and he left. I trudged downstairs and went toward my mom.

  "Hey mom." I said. She turned toward me and smiled.

  "Hey honey. What's up?" She asked. I rubbed my arm.

  "I bent the water of the sprinklers at the party." I said. Mom gasped and hugged me.

  "Congratulations! Did anyone see?" She asked. I smiled.

  "The perks of being drunk is that you see things that didn't happen." I said. She laughed and hugged me.

  "Perfect. Now get some sleep. You have no idea how tired you look right now." She said. I laughed and walked upstairs.

  "G'night mom!" I exclaimed tiredly.

  "Good night River." She said. I turned off my lights and plopped on my bed, falling asleep immediately.

Asa Butterfield as Liam