Chapter 9

First off its been such a long time and this is beyond old but i just want to see how much my writing has changed. I cant promise that this book gets finished but young me loved the idea of writing it so for me im going to try.

Mystery POV

This new school is going to suck. Ohio? What were my parents thinking. I might as well have a pet cow. On my last night in California i went out with friends, i cant say all of it was legal, or that i remember it all, but it was great. Making this transition even harder. We woke up super early to catch or flight to the other side of the country. I sat window seat and slept all the way. When we finally landed Dad had a company car waiting for us. It felt like it took forever to get to the new house. We passed so much green open land, but at some time i dont even remember when everything started getting closer. There were more houses, i was seeing chain restaurants and stores. And actual style. Our development wasnt gated but it had a rickety wood sign that said Black Forest. The houses all looked small and followed the same lay out, but as you got to the back of the development the houses got bigger and different. We pukked into an ugly green eggshell covered house.
"Dont you like it? Its the newest on the street. We had our dream house built just for us." My mom said watching me with a big smile.
"This is awesome for only having a week to build." I scoffed. Her fave fell and she turned to my dad.
"Bentkey im sorry we didnt tell you when we found out. We didnt want you to go out and do something reckless that would get you hurt. So please dont be tough on your mother. This is just as hard for me." My dad said not even looking up from his phone.my mom smiled and went to pat thigh when her phone went off.
"Mom? Really? I cant wait to see you. No please dont. Ill call you when we are ready. Okay. Bye, i love you." She slid her phone back into her new MK purse. " my mother wants to go out to dinner for my first night back in town. We will go to Jordans its a small diner we used to go to breakfast to every sunday after church. She wanted to come to the house and i told her to stay away till we are ready." She said happily.
"Soph, we just got in town." My dad said finally putting done his phone. " dont you want to unpack then relax?" He said rubbing her knee. I looked away i couldnt stand them. Why couldnt they be normal and never even smile at each other.
"No patrick, i havent seen my mother since we lost Will. Im not going to ignore her. You dont have to come, but Bentley and i are going." She got out of the car thanked the driver then walked up to the garage. She entered a pin and it lifted. She walked swiftly in the tall designer heels. She was still in the tight pencil skirt amd nice blouse since the early plane ride. My dad sighed and pushed himself out of the car. He looked at me and waved me out. I followed him in. The house smelled like fresh paint and i already wanted out.
" we have the master, take whatever room youd like. I has our stuff sent to a friend it should be here later. Since we are going out to dinner dont worry about unpacking. He said and went to leave me in the foyer.
" where is my bike?" I said following him up the steps.he stopped at the landing.
"It didnt come woth us to Ohio this time. Maybe after some time itll get here." He wouldnt even look at me. I went down the steps irritated and he turned back up tired.
The house was nice it was set for entertainment. It had a nice kitchen with dark wood cabinets and ablack granite counter top. All new high tech appliances with a huge pantry just waiting to be filled with snacks. The kitchen had a bar  that sat three people And behind that a table that you can enlarge for more guest and shrink for less. Across from the table was a nice desk that matched the wood from the cabinets, it already had its own apple computer. On the other side of the table parallel, from the desk, were two patio doors leading to a nice backyard.. It had matching dark wicker furniture with orange cushions, a heater on a small glass table, its own bar and a hot tub, but farther back from the house was the pool. Coming back in, a small step away was the family room, a huge tv and dark couches. It had one recliner to match in the corner across from the tv with a table and a lamp. Dads chair. On either side of the gigantic tv were white book shelves. I could already family photos and moms gagits and books sitting there for show. I backtracked to the small hall leading back to the foyer. There were three doors, two on the right one on the left. The left on led to a set of stairs. The closest on the right was a nice half bathroom, the second door was a cosy closet. Back in the foyer there was hobby decks where frames would soon be set of us. On the other side of the steps was a living room. There was one nice big grey couch on one side of the wall facing it on the other wall was a tv, smaller then the first. But adjacent from them both on the right was a big window, that started at my knees. A perfectly sized trunk made out of glossy dark wood beneath the window. I lifted the top to see so many board games, some i didnt recognize. Turning around to see the rest of the room the back wall had a white door. The first door ive seen on the whole house layout. I opened the door and switched the light on. It was a room bigger then then the living room. It had a small kitchen in the back right corner with a full sized fridge, across the kitchen was a wall mounted tv. A ping pong table on the left and a pool table on the right. This was where they expected me to be. I closed the door and thought of monday got i was dreading it. I pulled out my phone, it was 12:17 on a saturday. I looked back at the grey couch. What else could i do. I kicked my shoes off on the hard wood foyer then ran my socked feet through the nice fluffy carpet in the living room. I plopped onto the grey couch and layed there looking at the ceiling. Slowly my eyes closed and my boredom was filled with colorful dreams of the drought California compared to the snow filled Ohio.

At 5:43 i started to rock. I shook awake, scared at first them recognized my dad. "Lets go its time for dinner. Our boxes came while you were out." I got up and wiped my eyes.
" Bentley your hair." My mom said trying to make it stick up in the right places.
"Soph lets go." Dad said waving his arm aiming at the garage. He was wearing a navy blue button shirt with his sleeves rolled and dark slacks to match moms sleeveless white dress with navy blue jewelry and white handbag. I was still in my dark jeans ams black teeshirt. I followed them to the three new cars in our driveway.
"Why three?" I asked closing my door and snapping the seatbelt. " id rather have my bike." Dad turned around to back out of the drive way.
"Wouldnt you rather have a car in the snow? Youve never seen it but it gets bad." Mom said grabbing dads shoulder. "You have the garage remote?" He sighed and checked the glove compartment. He pulled one out and snapped it to the sun visor. Soon we were on our way.

We had been seat for 8 minutes and still no one had come by for our drink order leaving me there with no water to drink to avoid questions from nonna. I hadnt seen her since i was five, not since Will. Poppa didnt talk much just nodded and coughed. When our waitress finally came she made eye contact with me first.
"Hi my name is Hannah, ill be serving you today, im sorry for the terrible wait, can i help you with anything to drink?" She went around and ended with me.
"Ill just have a water." She was fine, nothing i didnt see in California, but i didnt know Ohio made them like that. I watched her leave then zoned out to mom and nonna talking about how this place fell apart. After 3 minutes with no water i stood up. "Can you point me in the directions of the bathroom Nonna?"
"Sure sweetheart, just down there on the right." She pointed in the direction Hannah had left. I smiled and pushed my chair in. Walking to the back i turned into the restroom. It was directly across from the kitchen. I waited with my ear to the door for sound. When i heard the door open and Hannah yell "no for table three." I knew it was now. I sung my door back and crashed right into her. Her tray fell with all of our drinks, getting her and i both wet.
"Im so sorry. Oh my god you're so wet. Let me get you a towel." She said looking at my drenched t shirt.
" its okay. Ive been in worse situations soaked. Actually those were better plus it wasnt water." I winked. God that was stupid. She probably wouldnt even get it. Dammit.
She smirked. "In that case youll have to bang into me more often." Hannah winked which caught me off guard. " get my sexual innuendo?" She asked with a smile.
"I do, so be ready." I said to her. She gave me a flirtatious smile and headed back into the kitchen. Ohio might not be California but it could get better.

Depending on how this chapter goes i will publish another. If it sucks then i will continue to write for myself. Tell me what you think.