The Princess of Elements

A/N: So this is my first story and chapter ever on wattpad!  I'm not sure if I'm going to carry on with this so let me know. Also, don't copy any of my ideas because I will find out- it's rude and annoying.

YourSecretNerd xoxox

"Knock on my door one more time Taylor and you won't have a hand to knock with!" I hissed from where I was in my bed. It was four in the morning and my cousin Taylor and I had just gone to bed an hour ago. We wouldn't normally be up this late but my aunt Stella had to rush to hospital because her friend had been involved in an accident; she told us that she would get us a babysitter but I assured her that I was sixteen and so fully capable of looking after Taylor for one night.

"Arabella open this door now!" Taylor hissed back to me

I grumbled and rolled out of bed, taking my duvet with me and wrapping it around my shoulders to keep the cold, December air out.

I unlocked my door squinted as I was momentarily blinded from the torch that Taylor was shining in my face "Get that thing out of my face you idiot- do you want to blind me?" I asked

"Shut up!" Taylor turned around quickly "There's someone at the door."

"What?" I asked her and stared at her like she had feet growing out of her ears "It's four in the morning, no one is at the door Tay, go back to bed."

"Just listen!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the top of the stairs and sure enough I heard something.

"It might be Stella; I'll go down and let her in." I said and stepped down the first step

"Are you stupid?" Taylor hissed "Does Taylor sound like a man Ari?"

I turned towards the door and listened again.

"Almost got it." A male voice said

"Are you sure she's asleep?" A second male voice asked

"The TV turned off almost an hour ago. There've been no movements, I think we're clear." A third voice answered

The front door clicked open making my heart jump into my mouth "Got it." The first voice said

I stumbled up the step I had climbed down and looked over at Taylor who had a look of terror on her face.

"Oh my God." She mouthed at me as we looked down at the three figures walking into my hallway downstairs.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her along the landing silently towards my bedroom where I picked up my phone; I looked over to Taylor and motioned for her to open the window.

She nodded and walked towards the window sill as I dialled 999. Just as I was about to press the cal button I saw Taylor step on one of my little pillows that must have fallen off of my bed. I went to grab her but I was too late and she crashed to the floor.

"Ow!" She cried out in pain "Ari why do you leave your stuff everywhere?!"

I stared at her in disbelieve, she had just alerted the burglars downstairs that we were here "Shut up!" I hissed

She slapped her hand over her mouth in realisation of what she had just done.

There was silence in the house for three seconds before all hell broke loose and footsteps pounded up the stairs.

"Go go go!" I grabbed Taylor off of the floor and she pulled open the blinds, the moonlight was the only source of light in the room. She opened the window and had one leg out of it when there was a clicking sound behind me and as I spun around to see what it was I was met with a gun.

I let out a gasp as the boy holding the gun stepped was wearing a black ski-mask so I couldn't see what her looked like; he closer to me, his gun now touching the bottom corner of my lips.

There is a gun on my face.

THERE IS A GUN ON MY FACE.

Oh god I'm going to die.

"I suggest you come back inside and close the window behind you sweetheart, you letting the cold in." Another boy said to Taylor

The gun moved from my mouth to my left cheek "Taylor if you close that window I will tell Stella you snuck out last week to meet Bobby Lawrence at the park last Tuesday." I said quickly.

"Shut up." Mr. Gun said and moved his machine to my right temple

"How the hell do you know I did that?" Taylor gasped

"Get over here right now Taylor." The third boy demanded and I heard the lock slowly click, indicating to me that she had locked it.

I closed my eyes in annoyance; she was our only hope of getting out of this mess.

Now we were just screwed.

"Now," Mr. Gun stepped to my right so I was able to see the two other boys in ski masks "What are we going to do with you two?"

"Please don't kill us!" Taylor begged

"How about you start by taking the gun away from my face." I spat

"Oh feisty." Mr. Gun laughed but didn't remove it.

"What are you doing here?" One of the other boys who was wearing a bright pair of Jordans asked me.

"I live here?" I answered as if it were a trick question

"Both of you?" Mr. Gun asked

"Yes." I nodded slowly

The other boy who had been silent suddenly walked towards me and grabbed my chin in his hands "Turn the light on." He demanded and Mr. Gun left me and took his weapon with him.

The light went on and for the second time I was momentarily blinded.

"What are you looking for?" Jordans asked the boy who was still holding my chin and staring into my eyes.

This was probably one of the most awkward moments of my life and that was including the time I walked in on my aunt and some guy doing...'it'.

"Just be quiet!" The guy snapped and carried on staring at me

I looked to my left where Taylor was glancing between the boys, me and the door.

She was trying to escape!

"Look at me!" The boy who grabbed my chin growled and I rolled my eyes.

Temper Temper.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" He shouted making me go wide eyed and he gasped before pulling my face closer to his. "Oh dear God." He whispered in disbelief "We've found her."