Chapter Thirteen: Problems Arise

Start from the beginning

Louis' POV

My bedroom door was wide open. I wasn't sure why, considering it was always kept closed so my younger sisters wouldn't ruin everything. When I walked through the opening, expecting to see my room trashed from the girls or worse, I nearly jumped out of my skin to see my boyfriend sitting there on my bed.

My smile grew when he saw me, and I ran into his arms immediately. I missed being able to see him every day. I really did miss him.

"Niall! Oh my god, I missed you! How did you get in here? Why are you here? Why didn't you call?" Niall's laugh interrupted me while I bombarded him with questions, basically straddling him with my legs.

"Your mum let me in and I wanted to surprise you!" I was surprised he even remembered half of what I said.

I snuggled into him on my bed, feeling his warmth. I missed this. I missed being able to sit in his lap and talk. Those last few weeks were lonely. I hadn't seen either Harry or Niall. I had Liam and Zayn I guess, but they don't compare to Harry... or Niall, of course.

We sat there for a while; wrapped tightly in each other's arms, talking our mouths off about all the things we'd missed in each other's lives.

"What's with the new clothes, Lou?" Niall asked randomly.

Instead of explaining the full story, I just shrugged. I didn't really want to talk about it.

Niall wasn't happy. Looking up from where my head was positioned on his chest, I could clearly see the frown he was displaying.

"This just isn't you." He finished, looking away.

"People change." I said in a monotone voice, suddenly feeling tension in the atmosphere.

"Are you saying you've changed?" Niall spoke hesitantly.

"No." this conversation wasn't going as I planned.

"Then why did you say that?"

"I didn't mean it like that, Niall"

"Then why are you dressing like that?"

"Because things happen!" I sat up from his chest to look at him sternly.

Biting his lip, he looked down. "Sorry, Lou."

I laid my head back on his chest, because even if right now he was being a bit shite, his heart beat was relaxing.

After a minute of silence he spoke again.

"What happened to your friend with OCD?"

That time I completely got off him.

"He has a fucking name, Niall! Don't just refer to him as that. Sometimes you can just be shit, you know that?"

And with that I got up and walked out of my room, because I knew exactly where my mum hid the vodka and I needed some.

*

One drowned glass of vodka later I felt soft arms wrap around me from behind.

"I'm sorry," Niall whispered into my ear. "I was out of line. It's just been a long drive, alright?"

And I nodded, because Niall is my boyfriend and I'm supposed to be happy about him being here. I'm supposed to love him and smile around him. I wasn't supposed to defend Harry anyway; he doesn't want me to.

Harry's POV

It's better to feel pain than love. It's true. Love only causes pain, so therefore it's not even necessary. Either way life is just cruel.