P R O L O U G E

Whitney and Mia had been dress shopping for what seemed like hours at the bridal store, sorting through the many wedding gowns that lay there in front of them, while chattering on and on about their future.

With Whitney being engaged to Atlanta's sexiest star Quarterback and Mia having the mouth-dropping body that kept her putting in work at the gym, the two were definitely the perfect 'Dynamic Duo'. Any man would sell his soul if it meant he would have a chance with them.

Whitney tiredly plopped down onto the cream-colored couch, taking off her giant Gucci shades.

"What'd you find?" Mia came in after her, setting down a couple dresses she had picked up from the nearby racks.

"Girl, not a damn thing. I swear, all this wedding planning is really starting to discourage me from tying the knot in the first place. I'm just over it." Whitney said as she ran her tiny fingers through her sister-locks, letting out a short sigh and rolling her eyes.

Mia raised one eyebrow, not sure what to say next to her homegirl of 15 years. For as long as Mia could remember, Whitney always had the answer to everything. True enough, they had been shopping for hours, but no one ever said getting married was easy. Mia was determined to make sure her friend remembered why they were there in the first place.

Mia sat down next to her exhausted friend and forced a simple smile across her face. "Hey, everything is gonna work out just fine. Stop worrying so much, girl. It's starting to show in your hair- Yea, I seen them gray hairs!" Mia playfully nudged Whitney, who bursted out in laughter.

"Girl, shut up!" Whitney cheesed.

They always knew how to get each other's spirits up and running.

"I guess you're right Mimi. This shit is just so hard, you'd think there'd be a manual for all of this! C'mon, help me get into this dress." Whitney joked as she pulled herself to her feet and grabbed the biggest wedding dress she saw. Its diamond-stitched fabric glittered against the store's lighting. The dress had to have had the longest train to it that anyone had ever seen.

"Yes! This one is beautiful!" Whitney assured herself as she hurried out of her black Balenciaga pumps.
Mia gasped and smiled in a agreement.

"Alright, j-"

Mia's phone interrupted their conversation, blasting Monica's 'Everything To Me' while she searched for it in her purse.
Mia eagerly grabbed the phone and tucked her straight, black hair behind her ear.
"Ugh, let me get this boo, It's my boss."

"What does he want? Is everything okay?" Whitney attempted to set the dress down to see what the matter was.

"NO!! I mean, it's alright. I- I got this. Just go put on your dress! We ain't got all day now!" Mia made a funny face and lightened up her voice to brighten the awkward mood between the two.

"Uh- okay. Hurry back though girl. You know I can't get into this damn thing by myself." Whitney giggled.

Mia nodded and ran out the dressing room, unmuting the phone call.

"Are you crazy?! What do you want?!" She loudly whispered, looking around to make sure nobody could hear her.

"You." The smooth, sensual tone of the anonymous caller's voice poured in, bringing pure delight into Mia's ears.
A wave of lust swept through her body, one that she had felt times before. Only he made her body feel numb, but warm at the same time, in all the right places.

Still, Mia scoffed and shook her head as if the caller could see her.  "I'm on my way," she said as she ended the phone call and shot the phone back into her purse. Mia couldn't help but crack a smile, before she ended the call.