Cold And Snowy

Third pov. 
(E/c) orbs begun to shrink as her eyes widen. Y/n's mind begun to flood with scenes from an old memory. She took a step back, tripping over a log in the process and falling backwards on the freezing snow. Fortunately the snow attenuated her fall making almost no sound. 

A big door stood in front of the small girl and her older brother. Frisk gripped her small hand tightly as he opened the iron door. Why would it be made of iron? Well when the two stepped in the room behind the door, a tall skeleton sat on the floor. He had cracks on his skull. One going up from his right eye socket and another going down from his left. White pupils were starring down at the girl and her brother. Suddenly, the room darkened and he begun to shoot bones towards the two. They dodged as much as they could but the time came when he had to use his Gaster Blasters. 

The blasters were identical to Sans's. Big boned, white irises and black pupils shooting some kind of lasers at them. The monster begun to use a weird language. The little girl knew exactly what he said, and translated every word to her brother.

"🕈︎☟︎✡︎ ☟︎✌︎✞︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ☟︎☜︎☼︎☜︎✍︎ ☹︎☜︎✌︎✞︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☞︎⚐︎☼︎☝︎☜︎❄︎ ✌︎👌︎⚐︎🕆︎❄︎ ❄︎☟︎✋︎💧︎ 🏱︎☹︎✌︎👍︎☜︎📬︎" The Gaster said, confusing the young boy. "Why have you come here? Leave and forget about this place. He said." She translated. Frisk's lips curved into a frown and he took a step forward. "NO! WE CAN SAVE YOU,/G/A/S/T/E/R/! PLE--" Too late for him. A sharp bone struck Frisk down, loosing his grip on her hand. Slammed against the door, blood seeped from the stab wound. The bone pierced through him and the door. Y/n rushed to her older sibling, terrified that he would die. The familiar golden glow engulfed the bone as it was pulled out of Frisk's stomach. 

A scream filled the room. She looked up at Frisk only to realize it wasn't his but hers. A bone pierced through her chest plate and blood splattered around. Her vision went black.

   *RESET 

Her eyes opened slowly to see Sans starring down at her in concern. "god, kid. you scared me for a second. 'took longer to wake up than frisk." She looked at him as realization struck her. Frisk! He was going back for the monster. "Frisk...? Where...?" She asked. The pinpricks of his eye sockets disappeared leaving a black void behind.He looked away and spoke, his tone dropping.
"he went to 'save' /g/a/s/t/e/r/. even tho he can't. nobody can."

The memory left you thinking. What did he mean by 'nobody can'? Can he really not be saved? Or he doesn't want to save him? Either way, she stood up and brushed off the snow. Her hands begun to freeze. She was a bit cold. It was winter after all... Somehow. The logic of the underground intrigued her. A small 'swoosh' caught her attention. Her ears perked up at the sharp noise. She looked around for a second. Right... nothing. Behind...nothing. In front... nothing. When she looked to the left, a trail of electric blue was left behind. Sans wasn't there anymore. He must have teleported. She thought as she looked ahead.

Something wrong? Chara asked. He didn't even look at her. She turned her head to him with a 'chill' face. "No. . ." She answered softly. Her monotone voice gave Chara the feeling of security. Like if she would be around, nothing bad would happen. Just like the times he would sit with Asriel in front of the fireplace and Toriel would read them a book. Or the times he would stay up at night thinking about different things. And Asriel would ask him if he were awake. That feeling, it's what he liked about her the most. And how her sad yet gentle smile would warm up his heart. 

The snow crunched under her feet as Y/n was walking on the forest path. Something cold touched her red nose. And then forehead. She looked at her nose. A snowflake sat there like it was about to say hi. She brushed it off. No use. More snowflakes started to fall from the ceiling. It was snowing. The silent atmosphere was calming and comfortable. It felt like nothing could ruin it. Like everything was going to be okay. But everything good is always taken away.

A blood cuddling scream filled the air. Y/n's ears flattened as the scream continued on. Ahead of them, the rabbit girl was running away from the annoying dog. His fur was stained with blood, his eyes were bloodshot and foam was coming out of his muzzle. "Oh shit. I'm late!" She cussed as she extended her hand forward. The SOUL of the dog turned blue as he was raised in the air above the rabbit's frightened body. She stood still when she saw the dog floating. This time, no stab wounds could be seen. No bite, no nothing. She was completely fine. But the cinnamon buns weren't with her. She must have given it to the dog.

Y/n walked closer to the dog and the rabbit girl. When close enough, the dog begun to bark and struggle in her 'grip'. She brought it closer to her face as her eye glowed golden. The dog barked more and louder. He wouldn't shut up so she glared at it while growling. God knows what the dog understood cause he begun to whimper.

In the distance, Papyrus and Sans were watching all of that. But didn't dare to interrupt. Papyrus tho wasn't back to normal. Not that he changed much anyway. Only got taller and his sanity was a bit lower than the first time she fell down.  She dropped him on the ground as she sighed. The dog begun to get angry again. It jumped up and down attempting to take a bite of her. Eventually he realized he couldn't so instead he bit her leg. Her eyebrows furrowed and she immediately growled a threat. Literally. "CAN YOU STOP BEING SO ANNOYING?!" She growled at the dog. He flickered. She looked so surprised but then remembered why he would ever flicker from that. She turned to Sans and Papyrus with a smirk.

"Sans, can you throw me a bone, please?" She asked the shorter skeleton. A shade of blue hue tinted his cheekbones. "Sure, kid. I've got a ton of them. A skele-ton." He winked making her blush a bit. Pap just face-palmed.
"OH MY GOD, SANS. WHEN WILL YOU STOP WITH THE PUNS?" He said. More like yelled at Sans. "i donno, bro. Probably when the annoying dog'll start laying eggs. cause I've got dozens of them."
Sans answered his brother throwing Y/n a bone. She begun to giggle as she caught the bone. 
"Oh my God, you crack me up, Sans!" She said. Sans blushed even more as Pap kept saying 'oh my god' continuously. His form begun to flicker too. Kind of.

She didn't notice something rare, but the short skeleton did. "hey y/n?" He called. She was throwing the bone from her to the rabbit girl to taunt the dog. And he fell for it. "Yeah?" She didn't turn her head from the scene. She couldn't lose the bone, cause annoying the dog was something she wanted to do for a long time now. Chara casually stood around watching the whole thing happen. He saw similar things before with Frisk so he wasn't surprised at all.

"you're smiling." She smiled wider and turned her head to Sans and Papyrus. "I guess I am."

Time skip. 

A lot of taunts for the poor dog and a goddamn load of puns later, the four went ahead to Snowdin. On the way you met old friends which you proceeded to save them, even if it meant for you to get hurt. Sans would get protective of her sometimes but she stopped him.

Papyrus seemed excited when they entered Snowdin. "what's up, bro?" Sans asked. "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS GLAD THAT YOU ASKED! TODAY THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL GO VISIT UNDYNE! I AM SURE SHE WOULD LIKE TO HANG OUT!" He exclaimed. She could practically feel the excitement herself. He yelled something else but she wasn't paying attention. She was looking at the snowflakes that constantly fell around her. It was getting pretty cold outside even for her. An idea popped up in her mind as her ears perked up. Chara raised an eyebrow. "Let's go to Grillby's." She suggested. A small 'ok' could be heard as they walked up to the building. 

Bells begun to chime as the door to Grillby's opened. A wave of warmth washed over the girl's freezing face. As they stepped in she noticed that some people whom she had saved, were sitting at tables, chatting, eating and even flirting with each other *cough cough* Dogaressa and Dogamy *cough cough*. At a table a bunny lay her head on it. Probably drunk.

"*hiC*" Yeah. Definitely drunk. Once she noticed Sans behind the girl, she stood up and begun to cling onto his arm. Y/n was surprised when she noticed that she didn't change at all. The same old Bun-Bun. A wave of annoyance washed over her when she noticed how she rubbed her chest on Sans's arm. "Sans~ *hic* did I ever tell *hic* you that you were *hic* hot?" A EXTREMELY annoying feeling filled her mind as she was watching Bun-Bun flirt with him. On the other hand Chara was laughing his ass off. Even tho she kept having this feeling, Y/n could not describe it.

She certainly wasn't flustered cause the emotion caused her annoyance. It wasn't blood lust either cause that wasn't not even near of what she felt. It was kind of weird cause she never felt like that before. It was something that bothered her to no end. But she tried to shake it off. 

She turned on her heel and walked over to the counter where she plopped herself on a bar stool. Turning she kept starring at the skeleton and the bunny. He seemed flustered out of his mind and blue hue painted his cheeks and... actually his whole face was blue. While the bunny girl was starring intently at him cuddling his hand right in between her... boobs. Some monsters were laughing and giggling and other just starred weirdly at them. 

The wolf girl begun to laugh too. But it wasn't a normal laugh. It was a bitter one. Devoid of any sort of happiness. It was weird. But luckily nobody noticed her empty laughter. Sans took a glance at her and his eye sockets widen in disbelief. Chara was starring in horror at her cheeks. 

Sans' pov. 

Monsters were laughing and giggling, probably at my expression. I could fell my face burning up as the idiot was clinging to my hand. I couldn't get rid of her. She did stuff like this so many times, I swear, I'm tired of her. I took a glance at Y/n for some help but I found myself widening my eye sockets and my pupils disappearing into nothing. She was crying.

Crying
. But also laughing. Her laughter, although it was empty, nobody noticed...not even her...but me. She raised an eyebrow at my expression as she stopped laughing. I shook the bunny off my arm and she scoffed. I glared at her before walking up to Y/n. She still had that confused expression on. I plopped on a stool beside her as the other monsters went back to their business and the drunk idiot went back to her drinking. I looked at Y/n's face. Her cheeks were stained with tears. I looked in her (e/c) orb one last time before making myself courage to speak with her. The question tugged at my hand like a little kid. 

"Y/n, are you okay?" I asked her. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I. . . be okay?" She spaced out for a second. Something was up. But she didn't want to say it. I gestured my hand towards her cheeks. Towards her tears. She raised her hand and touched her left cheek. She probably felt the tears cause the next thing that she did was to widen her eye and frown. "W-was...I crying?" She whispered more to herself than to me. I nodded patiently, looking into her eye. 

"What were you thinking?" I ask gently, she looks up at me for a second before smiling and looking away. "A scenario like this also happened when Frisk was alive, remember? I just thought of the nice memories we had. And now? He's dead." She spoke gently. The dullness of her voice never leaving. But she never shed at tear anymore. She was lying. I knew that. I knew her all too well to not know. But I pretended to believe her. 

Grillby walked over to us, breaking the silence with a soft knock on the counter. We turned our attention to him. He gave a questioning look. "A milkshake, please." Y/n said quietly. "The usual." I said. Grillby nodded and left the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~After The Milkshake~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your pov.

Me and Sans just exited Grillby's and now we're walking in silence. It was still snowing outside and freezing. I put my hands in my pockets as I sighed. A small cloud of mist formed.
"Is it always like this here?" I asked almost silently. Sans turned his head to me. I didn't even look at him. I just starred at the ground. "How?" He asked. He was pretty confused. 
"Cold. . .and snowy. . ."