Chapter 7 - You Know I Can't Fight The Feeling

[SAM DONT READ. Okay carry on]

             Zayn finished his drawing and smiled at Niall, moving back to sit on the bed and running a hand through his hair. "After dinner...Will you tell me your story? How you got in this situation. Please? I want to know everything about you, Niall." He asked and Niall’s eyes wondered his face, his eyelashes brushing against his cheeks with a sleepy grin.

             He nodded his head and sat up on his elbows, kissing Zayn’s cheek and smiling. It wasn’t a bashful Smile, nor an awkward one. It was genuine and adoring. Zayn blushed, but smiled right back. He stood from the bed and pulled on a sweat shirt, getting out some warmer clothes for Niall to put on. He watched him slide boxers up his legs under the blankets, his eyes traveling back up to grin sheepishly at Niall.

             The blonde got up now and Zayn gave him a pair of warm, comfortable sweats. "My mums probably going to murder me," He hummed and watched Niall dress, tripping over one of the pant legs and falling to the ground in a large heap. He laughed, and stood again, brushing off Zayn’s worrisome eyes. He watched the window instead, pulling up the pants. The snow was coming down heavy now, the storm still surrounding them and there was another knock at the door.

             "C'mon boys, hurry, hurry." A male’s voice, sounding rushed and stressed told them through the door. "Be down in a minute dad!" Zayn called back and Niall pulled a shirt over his head and stretched. somehow they both managed to stumble from the room and down the stairs. The white lights around the tree blinded Zayn and he nearly missed the last step, but straightened back up and smiled. The tree was beautiful, surrounded in presents in red wrapping paper with white lace, a few green ones and blue, a beautiful assortment of wrapping papers and bows.

             He held a arm around Niall’s waist as they walked to the kitchen and the blonde seemed to flush at all the eyes on him, most being happy smiles, others being disappointed glares. They sat at the table and Patricia smiled sadly. "I made a roast, so...dig in boys?" She smiled at them and started cutting the meat, serving it to the girls and letting Zayn serve Niall. He made sure to fill the boy’s plate. He was skinny, to say the least and Zayn had the right to worry.

             Dinner was pretty much silent and Zayn felt awkward sitting there. He took large bits as if to get it over with, Niall eating slowly beside him, slouched awkwardly with the family glancing around at each other. Safaa looked around at everyone and smiled at her mother. "Mommy? How many days till Christmas?"

             Zayn’s mother smiled at her daughter and Zayn breathed out happily that the weigh in the room had been lifted. "Nine days sweetie," She smiled and Zayn yawned, rubbing his eyes and listening to the conversation around him. A hand grasped his leg and Zayn wanted to gasp, glancing over at Niall shyly, who stared at his plate then up at Zayn. "I'm full," He whispered and Zayn nodded at him, finishing up what he could of his own food before excusing him and Niall. He put their plates up and followed Niall up to his room again. He flopped in his chair, spinning around in a circle in the swivel computer chair.

             Niall crawled onto the bed and smiled at the ceiling, rubbing his stomach before closing his eyes and Zayn’s eyes moved back to the window. It was dark outside now and Zayn smiled. The city was so beautiful right now, covered in snow and sleep. He moved in his chair and grabbed his sketch pad, starting to draw the window, with the snow built up on the window and praying none of it feel from the sill.