Hopefully Rose could manage to get me out of here, she was my only hope. And if she couldn't then hopefully she would stay. She was beginning to be the only thing that I cared about, and I needed her more than ever. She could stay here now that James didn't seem to be anywhere in sight, and I could know that she was safe and that she was happy. It was selfish, I know, because she deserved better than Wickendale, but I couldn't help but hope that she wouldn't leave me here on my own.

She was naive and always had to know everything, constantly asking questions and at first it annoyed the hell out of me. I just thought she was hot and I was bored. But then I realized that she was just curious, she was fascinated by everything that she didn't know already. She also listened to what I had to say from the start. Most would ignore me and wouldn't take a second look, but she at least gave me the time of day. She was caring and she was smart, too. She also had a little fire in her, I mean she did escape a serial killer all on her own. That's what drew me to her, I think, was her fire. And in the time I've spent with her I realized that I had forgotten what falling in love feels like, and I've missed the feeling.

ROSE'S POV

The terrifying events that had occurred at James' home just a few days ago hadn't stopped replaying in my mind. The memories had been dulled at times, but I still couldn't diminish the thoughts. I had never been more afraid in my entire life and the paralyzing and shocking fear had permanently burned themselves into my mind. And what was almost as terrifying was the fact that he had been missing since then, his whereabouts unknown.

But just as puzzling was his mother. Ms. Hellman was sadistic and evil but maybe not so much so that she would take part in him skinning those women. She was probably unaware of his horrendous actions and didn't know what he was doing. With her strict order and intolerance she couldn't possibly condone her son murdering three women. But I still didn't want to be the one to tell her, because somehow I didn't think it would go over too well. If she didn't believe me I had a bad feeling accusing her son of murder would be the last straw and I would be fired. So when I finished talking to Kelsey I just went back to Lori's office, which is all I could really do. I had already asked about Cynthia and there wasn't much I could do about arresting James until after work when I went to the police. So for now I had to just do my job.

Upon entering I found Lori sitting in a chair, facing a patient who I think was named Abigail. She was dressed in uniform as her head hung, blonde hair falling in front of her face. Lori was holding a needle in her forearm, pushing some type of medication into her veins. There was a guard standing against the wall, probably the one that brought Abigail here.

"Alright, we're just about done," Lori said as she pulled the needle from the girl's skin. She grabbed a bandage from the counter and placed it over the small insicion. "You can take her back to her cell now." The guard complied and grabbed the patient's arm while I stepped out of their way, walking over to Lori.

"Sorry I'm late," I apologized.

"It's fine, dear."

I smiled and took a seat at the opposite side of her desk, getting to work and pulling out a pile of paperwork that I had recently started to help Lori go through. I took a pen and started to write meaningless information ranging from patients to medicines. I was about three pages in when Lori spoke. "So, how've you been Rose?" She seemed to ask me that every day, but I didn't mind.

"Okay, I guess. I just have a lot going on right now," I said honestly.

She nodded. "Like what?" I knew she was just trying to make conversation, but what she was asking would take way too long to explain.

"It's a long story, trust me."

"Does that long story include what happened to your wrists?" I looked up at her in confusion and surprise. "I saw the bruises there yesterday and was worried about them, but I didn't have much time to ask."