1/ T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Começar do início

"You scared me Harry." She whispered as her head rested gently on my chest and her small arms hugged my waist tightly. I rocked us slowly back and forth.

"Fucking cunts. I shouldn't have agreed to give them the job."

"Daddy can I ask for a favor?"

"Anything for my baby girl."

"Can you stop swearing this much?" She stared at me with her ocean blue and puppy eyes.

"I... um..." I was at a loss of words. I didn't know what to say. I expected her to ask something from me. Money, clothes, anything but this. Instead she asks something that affects me. That changes me for the better. Something that is good for me. She puts me before of her.

What did I do to deserve her? I am not good enough. I don't deserve her. I'll never deserve her.

"Yes! Yes. I'm sorry doll. I'll stop swearing." I responded.

"Thanks daddy."

"I have to tell you something. And I know you're gonna hate me for it but I just have to."

Her expression changed and she stared at me again with wide eyes and worry all over her face. "What daddy?"

I let out a deep breath. "I have to fly to London in 2 hours."

"What?" She stepped back looking at me as her eyes opened wider, if it was possible.

"Yeah I know. I'm a dick but it's business and we've been planning it for months now and it suddenly changed so I should you know... go now. I have stuff there so I don't need much packing."

She didn't say anything she just looked down and closed her eyes. Her golden hair covered her face and I knew she was trying to seem strong in front of me and avoid looking at me and not hate me for what I'm doing, but I saw it. I saw it all and I hate myself for that.

"Why don't you take me with you then?" She finally looked up with soaked cheeks.

"I can't baby you know that. It's business."

"What is so goddamn important about your stupid job that you keep hiding it from me? Every time I ask, it's as if you don't hear me. Why?! Why can't you just-"

"Because I don't like sharing everything with people!" I yelled in her face. I didn't like yelling. Especially at her. But this time I had to.

"Go on then. Go. Your hell of a job is waiting for you and it seems I'm just on of these 'people' you just hang around with and don't care about." She cried as she crossed her arms over her chest and went out of the way and gestured for me to go outside.

"I didn't mean that--"

"Yeah sure." She chuckled sarcastically. I got angry at her and then myself for starting this in the first place.

"If you're not going, maybe I should get out of here." She continued but this time she looked at me. Directly in the eyes.

If looks could kill, I would've been six feet under by now.

"And where would you go? You've got nowhere." I whispered in her face. But I immediately regretted opening my mouth.

Her face held an expression I've never seen her in. Guilt? Sadness? Disappointment?
"I'm sorry--" I was stopped by her shaking her head and moving out of the room and stumping down the stairs.

"Ellie!" I yelled following right after her.

My other phone which I call my work phone, started buzzing in my back pocket. I groaned and reached for it.

I saw Liam's name shining on the screen.

"Now's not a good time Liam." I said as I ran downstairs.

"You have to come like now. We are at the airport and you will miss the flight."

I saw her body shaking and holding on to the counter. I was hurt. I never wanted to see her like this. Sad, hurt and disappointed because of me.

"Okay. I'm coming." I sighed frustratedly and hung up.

"I'm--" I started but was shortly cut off by her.

"Just go." She said not turning around to face me.

"I just--"

"Leave Harry. I neither want to see you nor talk to you right now."

My heart dropped. It shattered. How could I do this to her? My baby. I love her. Why did I let myself do this to us?

Lowering my head as my head was pounding, I grabbed my wallet and keys and went out of the door, slamming it shut out of frustration.

When I was out I could hear her muffled cries. And when I reached my car I started hitting it with every force I had left in me. Anger was all I felt and I took it out on her and now that I fucked up I'm taking it out on the car.

Heading to the airport, I turned on the music to block my own thoughts.

I fucked up.