I didn't really have anything to do, I just wanted to get away from him. I don't hate him I just can't be my regular self around him until he's not with Brooke anymore.

Since he wants to flirt with my girlfriend, I thought that flirting with his would even the playing field a bit. It was still pretty early and there were only two places Brooke would be if she wasn't with Ashton: the library or her locker.

I went to her locker first and I'm glad I did because I don't even know where the school library is.

"Good morning." I smiled as I approached her.

"Hey, Luke." She closed her locker.

"Do you know where Ashton is?" I asked. I wanted to see just how truthful he is with her.

"He said he had something to do."

I nodded. "Do you mind if I ask you something sort of personal?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"What do you like about him? Why are you dating him?" I didn't want to beat around the bush at all. I needed to know what she could possibly see in a guy like him.

"Well, he's cute,-"

I cut her off. "Give me more than that. Anyone can say the other person is cute."

"He's funny, he listens to me, he doesn't lie to me," little does she really know, "and he was there when you weren't. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"Not really." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Brooke-"

"I don't want to hear it, Luke." She shook her head.

"I'm sure you don't but I have to say it. I know I've apologized a million times but I want you to know that I've meant each one. I should've treated you better. I should've been the gentleman you deserve and I wasn't. I was a piece of trash that didn't respect you and I messed around so much that I ended up losing you. I want you to know that I've changed. I'm doing much better." I took a deep breath and waited for her to process all that I just said.

"Why are you saying all of this now?" She asked. "You and I are both with other people."

"But that doesn't mean I can't patch things up between us. Besides, Ash and Avery talk to each other too so there's no reason we can't."

"Luke-"

"Just give me a chance, okay? You know the good parts of me, just get to know those again." I said.

"Okay." She nodded. "We can talk more or whatever you wanna do."

"Great." I smiled. "How about you and I hang out Wednesday? Since Ashton is gonna be with Avery, it'd be a good time for you and I to hang out."

"Why would Ashton be with Avery?" She asked.

"She's just tutoring him in chemistry. He didn't tell you?" I asked.

"No." She shook her head.

So much for not lying to her.

"There's nothing wrong with that, is there?" I asked. If there was an issue, that'd be great. Well, it'd be bad but it'd be a good bad.

"No, of course not. They're just two friends studying. Nothing could possibly happen." She said.

"Yeah, you're right. I trust Avery and Ash." That was incredibly hard to say. "So are we on for Wednesday then?"

"Yeah, Wednesday's fine." She nodded.

"Cool. I'll talk to you later, then."

"Okay." She smiled and headed to her first period.