39 - Graduation

It finally came to the day of Josh's High school graduation. It was on a Friday and his graduation started at 4:30 PM.

Maya and Josh were walking around the school while everyone was setting up for the graduation ceremony. The school was empty. No one was supposed to be in the school, but that's why they wanted to be in the school. Outside, where the ceremony was being set up for, was too loud. So they were just walking around the school letting Josh have a few moments to really take in what he has to say goodbye to.

After his graduation ceremony, he asked everyone if he and Maya could have a mini date. And everyone said yes. So Maya and Josh decided to go on a walk. They grabbed some frozen yogurt first. Maya wanted to tell Josh about Julliard but she decided to push it off for a little while.

"So. Are you hyped for NYU?" Maya asked as they entered. "Yeah, kinda. I just don't wanna be away from you. Plus I'm gonna barely gonna be able to come over to your place anymore." Josh fake pouted, looking more adorable, as he held her hand. "Well, then I guess I'll get to come to you." Maya smiled after she said that, and so did Josh. "Josh I have to tell you something," Maya spoke up, but then she again hesitated to tell him about Julliard. So she just made up an excuse and said, "A-Are you going to get a dorm there or are you still going to live in your apartment with your mom?" Maya covered it up. Josh answered "My mom wanted me to get a dorm cause she has so much money that she saved for my tuition. So I'll be in a dorm. But she's also gonna be traveling a bit. She said she's gonna be gone for a month at least, and 3 months at most. So... yeah. What about you? When you get into NYU, are you getting a dorm?" "Umm. I don't know. Plus I don't even know if I'm gonna get in." Maya then changed the subject by saying "Hey. you know what, why don't we just go to Riley's. She told me to go there with you after our mini-date anyways." "Alright" Josh replied.

After that, Josh turned around and started walking for like, a second and a half. But then he realized Maya wasn't walking with him. So he looked back, and when he did, he saw Maya standing there with her arms out. He walked over and hugged her. "Let's go now." He then started walking again after saying that. And again, he only walked for a second and a half, then turned around again because she wasn't beside him still. Maya's hands were still out in the same position. "piggyback?" Maya asked in a cute voice like from when a girl didn't like Riley and Maya was trying to soothe Riley in that cute, childish high, baby voice. Josh then finally understood, smiled, walked to her, turned around and she jumped on and he carried her as if she was as light as a paperclip, because to him, she was. They went to Riley's apartment like that... With her head resting on his shoulder as she was on his back.

When they entered from the front door, they had a big surprise as Riley jumped up with everyone and yelled "SURPRISE!" Yet another surprise party. They all stayed there, at Riley's, until it became late because that was the last day of school. And they all had the best time. Even though Maya knew she wouldn't be able to spend that much time with Josh because NYU is gonna keep him busy, so Maya made the best of what they had all summer.

Author's Note:

I AM SOOOO SORRY!!!!! I know that I haven't posted in almost forever, but it's just because I lost my iPod, some of you remember. But I've been trying to still update as much as I can. And don't worry, this isn't the last chapter. BYEEEEE!!!