Chapter 9: My two girls

Chapter 9

Peeta's P.O.V.

We're walking down to the bakery. When we come inside, only my dad is here.

"Peeta", my dad says happily. "Katniss".

"Hey dad", I say.

"Hi Mr. Mellark", Katniss says.

Katniss walks behind the counter, and puts an apron around her waist. She's not working inside the kitchen. They told me that she takes care of orders and the counter. And that is really helpful. My dad and I can focus on only the baking part. My mother takes care of the economy, but Katniss counts the cash money at the end of the days.

Apparently it has worked out really good. Before I used to run between the counter and the kitchen. It was really stressful, I had to be at two places at once. My brothers helped before of course, but now they have full time jobs, and can't help as much here. On the weekends they told me, they're here, but we only have the bakery opened half days on Saturdays and on Sundays it's closed.

As I put on my apron the door opens. The bakery isn't open yet, so it has to be someone we know.

I turn around and see Prim walk inside. She's really beautiful. No she really is. Don't take that the wrong way. I'm in love with Katniss, Prim is her little sister and she's only sixteen. But there's no doubt of the fact that she's beautiful, with her blonde hair, blue eyes and charming dimples. She still has those cute two braids. Everyone loves them on her. But I get this brotherly protective instinct turned on whenever she's here or I meet her. I mean, boys really drool all over her when she walks by and the glances they give her aren't very nice to watch.

I've known Primmy since before she was born, and that's why I'm acting like a protective brother sometimes. Katniss and I met in kindergarden, when we were one. Primmy was born when we were four. Even though we were only four, I clearly remember Katniss and I, talking to Mrs. Everdeens stomach when she was pregnant with Primmy. We really thought that she could hear us talk to her, that's what Mrs. Everdeen told us anyway, but I don't know, kids believe in everything.

I always told Katniss that Prim would be really beautiful when she grows up, but I said that as a brother so Katniss knew exactly what I meant. She told me that I had to help her beat up every guy who tried anything on Prim.

But back then when she said that, she thought that she would see Prim grow up right here. She didn't know that a horrible car accident would kill her father and make her mother resign in life and become depressed, leaving Katniss to take care of Prim. And she didn't know that her mother would recover and accuse Katniss of taking care of Prim the wrong way and force Prim to move with her to area 12, leaving Katniss behind here in the Capitol of the city of Panem.

"Hey Primmy", I say, smiling.

"Hey Peeta", she says, hugging me.

I hug her back. I feel love flow in my veins when I hug this girl. Brotherly love. I want to protect her. I feel my instincts wake to life.

"Hey! What about me?! I'm your sister", Katniss shouts from behind the counter.

"I love you too sis", Prim says walking up to Katniss.

"You better", Katniss says, laughing. "Because I love you my little duck".

Prim giggles.

I just smile.

I love that nickname Katniss gave to Prim. It's so cute.

"I was going to say that, I don't really wanna return home", Prim says.

"Is mom mean to you?" Katniss asks, quickly starting to sound angry.

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist, trying to calm her down a bit. It works.

"No but she's mean to you Kat, I mean do you know how many times of the day I need to listen to her criticize you?" Prim says and I feel my anger boil inside of me. "She's not doing anything else but criticize you, and I hate her for that, you're the best sister in the world and you took care of me when she didn't".

"Prim..." Katniss begins, but Prim interrupts her.

"So I was thinking... If maybe I can ... You know, live with you guys", Prim says, looking pleading at both of us. "I know that you sleep in the same bed and Katniss there are two bedrooms, and Peeta I won't be in the way, just please think about this, I would do anything to not go back to her".

I just look at Prim.

"Yeah it's fine with me", Katniss says.

Katniss looks up at me and has a pleading look in her eyes.

I smile warmly at Prim.

"I can't see why not", I say to her, holding out one of my two arms to her.

"Yey!" Prim exclaims and jump onto us.

I wrap my arms around both of my to girls. I would do anything to protect these two girls. Anything.

"I love you Peeta, thank you so much, you're the best!" Prim says happily.

I laugh.

"I love both of you so much, you're my two girls", I say kissing Prim on the cheek and Katniss on the lips.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

✏️909 words✏️

Okay so what did you think?

Do you like Peeta and Prims relationship? What do you think about Prim moving in with Katniss and Peeta?

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought you guys :)

-Josephine xxxxxxxxxxxx