Ch. 2 - Party

Ariana's Point Of View

I turn my head and look at the clock sitting on my desk. 7:31 p.m. It had been thirty minutes since Kara had gone into the bathroom. What in the world was taking her so long? I stand up, and walk over to the bathroom door, opening it. I see her struggling with zipping up the zipper of the dress she was wearing, but her fingers couldn't reach that high up her back. Her dress was extremely stunning. It was a crimson red, mid-thigh length, and had sequined straps that tied around her neck. It was tight and elongated around her body, bringing out her curves.

"Nice dress." I say, smiling up at her.

"Thanks Ari!" She replies, still attempting to zip it up. I rush over, and help her with it. It appeared as though she hadn't done anything with her hair, and I honestly find it good that she didn't. He bouncy curls bring out her beauty. She then turns around, and faces me with a furious look on her face.

"Ariana! Why aren't you dressed yet?! The party starts at eight! You have thirty minutes left to get ready!"

I looked down. "Because.. Look. Kara. I'm not really feeling a party right now."

She startes at me furiously.

"No! Ariana! You are going! Do this for me! Please?"

I look at her pleading eyes, and finally give in. A party was not really somewhere I wanted to go tonight, but I couldn't let my best friend down. She was so damn good at persuading people!

"Ok, Fine! I'll go."

Karas face lit up at the news.

"YAY! Okay, lets see. Wear your tan, mid-thigh dress, thats tight, and has a bunch of lace!"

I do what she says and wear the dress, also pulling on my heels that Zayn had bought me as a gift, before he left. They were black, and had beautiful sequins on the straps. I wished I hadn't worn them because they only reminded me of losing him. I just couldn't help myself. They were so cute, and were the only heels that matched with my dress at the time. I sit down on the chair in front of my dresser and let Kara do my make-up. She outlines my eyes with black eyeliner, and brushes mascara on my lashes. For the finishing touch, she patts some blush on my cheeks, and nearly glows with satisfaction. Grabbing my purse, I turn and face her.

"How do I look?"

"Brilliant!!" She squeals with happiness.

I look into the mirror, and realize that she is right. She had done my make-up beautifully; and to be honest, I hadn't looked this nice in so long. Mostly because I hardly went out. I grab my brush, and brush the tangles in my hair. I hadn't done anything to my hair either. It was already straight, and I looked better with straight hair anyway. Atleast thats what I thought. I turn to Kara and thank her, as we both walk out the door and to my car. I look at the time and realize its already 8:00, and it was a forty five minute drive. 

Oh well. I thought. They can handle an hour without us.

I grimace as we reach the house. The pounding of the music was blaring through our ears. How loud could it be? We were six houses away. I really didn't want to be here. Mostly because I hadn't been to a party in over a year. It amazing how one boys can change your entire life, isn't it? Zayn was probably having the time of his life right now; touring and partying every day and night. While I? I had to live with the question of why he stopped talking to me, and how much I missed him. Mabey Kara is right. Mabey it is about time I get over him. I sigh as we both get out of the car and walk to the party. I open the front door, and the first thing that comes into view is a couple practically eating eachothers faces. We push past them, and I follow Kara as she walks towards the party host.