[Chapter 3] - Carrot Spice Latte

-I REALLY suggest you watch this video. It's created by XDisneyFan102 on Youtube, so credit to them!-

"Judy? You going to order?" Said Nick, waving his paws in front of Judy's blank face.

"Huh? Oh, a carrot spice latte please."

"I'll take a chocolate cakepawp."

The barista nodded, clearly bored. "Is that it?" She said in the most monotone voice possible.

"Yes," Nick replied in a monotone voice as well. The barista didn't seem to notice his mocking voice, but Judy did, and Nick found him self being elbowed in the gut.

"Ow!" He said in a whisper, grabbing his side. "Okay, sorry Carrots."

Judy gave a triumphant grin. The latte and cakepawp were handed back to them as they began to sit at a table beside a window. Outside was a very quiet street. The occasional car passed by, but the street seemed silent. The light music played in the coffee shop intertwined with the sounds of coffee being made and and quiet chatter.

Judy had her head in her paw, looking out the window, her ears droopy.

"What's the matter fluff?" Asked Nick, reaching over the table and sticking Judy's ears up.

"Just thinking about-"

"The panther," Nick interrupted.

Judy sighed and nodded. "The ZPD promised to notify all officers if any evidence was found, but I've gotten no word from them. In the break in, no doors were open, no windows were shattered, and no paw prints were found. It's as if he was never even there."

Nick looked into her sad, violet eyes. She clearly wanted to be back in the ZPD office, investigating. She still had one month until she could return, and it seemed to be the longest month of her life. Her arm was nearly healed, and when that happened, she could return to the force.

Nick tried to think of something that may take her mind off the situation. It was hard, but finally he came to a solution.

"How's a trip to Bunnyburrow sound?"

Judy's violet eyes met with his green ones and widened. "Your serious? You want to take a trip to Bunnyburrow?"

"Yeah, why not? I can meet your family, pick some blueberries, it'll all be good."

Judy was surprised. She had asked Nick to visit her home several times, but he always seemed to snake his way out of it, and Judy had a feeling she knew why. But now Nick was offering, and she wasn't going to miss it.

"Sounds great! We leave first thing in the morning."

Nick's eyes widened. "First thing in the morning..?"

"What's wrong? You foxes just not early birds?"

"Pfft," Nick crossed his arms. "I can wake up early."

Judy suddenly burst out laughing. "You? Early bird? Nick, I have to call you every morning to wake you up, cause apparently it takes my yelling over your alarm's ringing to get your tail out of bed."

"Okay," said Nick, throwing his arms up in defense. "I'm not the easiest animal to wake up, but tomorrow will be different. You'll see."