I ran into a little car trouble...

Logan walked down the hall, he read a newspaper as he made his way to where we kept the infected. his bag was slung over his shoulder, Scott smiled at him as he passed. Heading to the living room where Evelin and Josh (Scotts brother) were. He looked in through the door way, Evelin swirled her beer bottle around watching the liquid at the bottom of the glass. Josh was next to her setting down his own beer on the coffee table, ruffling his hair with his hand.

"I'm surprised Scott could get such a pretty girl like yourself to fall for him."

Evelin laughed, "If anything I'm surprised that that I get to date him."

"C'mon, he can't be all that good. Last time I saw him he was some druggy who couldn't keep his hands off any girl he saw. His three years here must've changed him. A lot." Josh said leaning back against the chair.

"He was a drug addict?"

"After our younger sister died he was out of it, not really himself for a while."

Evelin nodded, exhaling deeply.

Scott walked into the room.

"Speak of the devil." Josh chuckled, "I'll leave you two." He jumped over the back of the couch and left.

"You should've told me Scott."

"Evelin-" Scott went and sat next to her on the couch. "I didn't want you to think of me in that way. I'm not that person anymore."

"I don't care what you were then!" She stood up, "What I do care about is that you didn't tell me."

"Please, Evelin. I'm sorry- I-"

"Stop. I don't care what you did then, I want to know why I had to find out from your brother. You should've been the one to tell me. You should be able to trust me with these things. And if you can't trust me then why are we even together?" tears pricked the corners of her eyes but she held then back, standing up straighter.

"I'm sorry. I wanted a fresh start, no more of the past. Only the now." Scott stood up, Evelin took a step back.

"Why won't you tell me about your sister?"

"Come on Evelin, I hate talking about what happened."

"Logan probably knows though, I could always find out the whole story from Josh anyway." She turned to walk away, Scott grabbed her wrist.

"I can't tell you what happened. It'll just bring everything back."

"You can tell me Scott. You just won't tell me. Why?"

"Alright I'll tell you tonight. I just, it's not easy for me to talk about."

"It should be easier with me, Scott, otherwise we're doing something wrong."

Scott took a shaky breath, "It will be. I'll tell you tonight Evelin, I promise. I can't you lose you too."

"Let's hope you haven't already lost me." She spun on her heel and walked out of the room.

Scott felt his heart ripped in two, she was the only girl he's ever loved. Ever truly loved, he can't.... no he won't lose her.

Logan came running back into the living room, "Why's Evelin upset?"

"She'll be okay."

"She better be, other wise you're in for it Scott. I see how you are around her, she's good for you. Don't screw up the one thing in your life you really need."

"Thanks Logan, but I'm already working on it."

"Good, I need to go get some more stuff from the store. I'll be back later."

Logan grabbed the keys and left, he parked at the store. Quickly buying what he needed and keeping one hand on his pocket knife at all times, not wanting to take any chances. The sun had begun to set on his way home, the road curved around the mountain breaking away from the small town and towards home.

"C-c-cure..." A deep voice rasped from outside the window.

Logan jumped when something landed on his car roof.

His foot pressed the pedal the floor, speeding up to over 100 MPH. There was a groan and Logan watched through his rearview mirror and the man fell off the roof of his car, "Phew-" Logan sighed. He looked out in front of him trying to slam on the breaks, but it didn't work as he slammed into the person in front of him. They flew into his windshield and over the roof of his car.

"Eve-e-evelin." The person he had just hit hit on the windshield trying to break it more.

Logan cursed loudly, speeding again. He reached out through his window with the hand that held his knife and stabbed the man in the side. Making them lose there grip on the car and fall off, underneath his car. Logan flinched when the car bounced due to the object beneath it as he tried to get the car to go faster, he was already at 125 MPH though. When he realized how close he was to home he finally slowed down, pressing the button to open the garage and driving in before closing it. Logan got out of the car, shutting his door and looking down at all the blood smeared on the car. He closed his eyes looking up before opening the door to the back seats and grabbing his groceries and heading inside. Locking the car with the button on the keys.

"Run into anyone on your way here?" Scott asked.

"You talking about the infected? Yeah two of them while I was driving, oh yeah. We're going to need to get the car cleaned."

"You're going to have the car cleaned." Scott corrected.

"Okay, where'd Evelin run off to?"

"She's with Courtney." Logan told her, "Unless she's gone back to her room to go to bed."

Scott nodded, walked down the hall to Evelin's room. "Courtney do you mind if I talk to Evelin real fast?"

"You could just tell me to leave, you're conversations with her are never short. I'll see you tomorrow Evelin." Courtney got up and left the room.

"Change into pajamas then I'll tell you about my sister."

"And anyone else in your family I don't know about."

"Okay, my sister and my older brother Brett."

"Now get out so I can change."

Scott left her room going and changing as well before coming back. He climbed into the bed next to Evelin, "You better not judge me if I get all emotional."

"I won't." She promised, scooting so she wasn't next to him but was still on the bed. "Now start."