We think you might have the plague...

Scott stood at the end of the alley, mist swirled around his feet and the shadows hide his scabbed face. His eyes twitched, turning his head he spotted Evelin walked down the sidewalk. Alone. Grinning Scott began to walk towards her, staying in the shadows. Droll trickled down his chin, his heart beat quickened when he grew closer to her. His hand instantly moved to the knife he had strapped on his waist. 

Evelin glanced over her shoulder, Scott stood down at the end of the road. Watching her. His hard stare mad her shiver in fear, turning away from him she continued on. 

Scott grumbled deep in the back of his throat, speeding up. "Evelin." His voice was a cold desolate whisper that drifted across the wind. 

Evelin turned around, looking at Scott. 

"Come with me...Evelin." He cocked his head. 

She looked at him, and shook her head. "No Scott. If I go anywhere with you, it's back to the warehouse."

"Please, love. Come with me."  

Evelin turned back around and began walking again, Scott grabbed her wrist. 

"Come with me." 

"Let go of me, Scott!" She pulled on her wrist, but he just tightened his grip. "Scott!" 

"I told you to come with me, I need you with me." 

"No Scott." She pulled again. "Let go!" 

"You have to come with me, or there's no where left for you to go to." Scott let go of her wrist, lifting his hand that had the knife and slitting her throat.

Scott sat up, sweat fell from his forehead. His shoulder ached and his head spun. Rubbing his temples, he got out of his bed. Using the wall to hold himself up. He made his way to the door, I need to see if Evelin's okay. He said in his head, keeping his hand on the wall as he walked down the hall to Evelin's room. He stopped in the doorway. 

As soon as Evelin saw him she jumped out of her bed, running over to him and pulling him into a hug. 

Scott let out a sigh of relief hugging her back tightly. 

"How's your shoulder?" She said taking a step back and slipping her hands in the pockets of a over sized hoodie. 

Scott looked at her. "Is that my hoodie?" 

"I dunno, I found it on the couch." She smiled at him. 

Scott chuckled lightly, "O.K. You can use it, and yeah my shoulders fine. Just a bit stiff." 

Evelin nodded. "And it didn't give you the plague?" 

"I don't know. It's too soon to tell."

Evelin looked down at the ground, hoping he didn't get the plague. "I don't want you to get the plague." 

"We have the cure, even if I do get it. There's a chance I'll be healed." Scott lifted her chin making her look at him. 

"A chance, that doesn't mean it'll work." She pulled back, then left her room. 

Scott watched her leave, then continued walking down the hall. Leaving her room. 

Scott went down to the kitchen, stepping past Logan and grabbing his beer. 

"Sit down." Logan ordered, gesturing to the chair by the table. 

Scott sighed, sitting down and putting his beer on the table. He took off his shirt so that Logan could look at his wound. 

Logan took off the bandage,  "it's infected." He informed Scott.

"Of course it is." He answered carelessly, taking a quick drink of his beer. 

Logan dabbed at the wound with a damp towel. Scott took a sharp breath, clenching his fists to help ease the pain. "You talked to Evelin?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah."

"Good." Logan finished cleaning the wound, then put a bandage on it.

" Why?" Scott asked putting back on his shirt.

Logan grinned, "ehhh....nothing." He walked off.

Scott took another drink, setting down the beer and walking outside. The warm sun seeped through the trees, tinted orange yellow and gold leaves crunched under his feet. Going over to his motorcycle he climbed on, driving off towards the glistening blue lake. Rocks scrapped against the tires and the pavement as Scott slowed down, coming to a stop. Getting off he walked along the shore down towards the water, a small group of guys around his age were laughing at something. Scott shook his head, and kept walking. Accidentally picking out a few words. 

"Seriously?" One of them said, his beach blonde hair standing on end.

"Yeah, I ran into her at the grocer. I think she liked me." A man with carmel brown eyes and bright green eyes stated.

"Her name would be helpful." The third guy clapped his friend on the shoulder.

" Evelin."

Scott stopped, looking over his shoulder at them. Squaring his jaw he walked over towards them.

"Hey man, need help with something?" The carmel haired boy asked.

" Uh...yeah. I got here yesterday and if you wouldn't mind doing so, could you point me towards town?" Scott lied.

"Oh! Sure, it's just down this road. Keep going straight then turn on S. Lincoln street."

"Thanks...?"

"Terrance."

Scott nodded, reaching out to shake his hand. When he grabbed it Scott twisted it around, Terrance opened his mouth. But no sound escaped, pain flashed through his gaze. "I heard you mention Evelin, so just a fair warning. If you get any ideas...I break this." He twisted his wrist more.

"Alright! I got it!"

Scott let go, walking to his motorcycle he climbed on then