Prologue - The Endless Nightmare

It was so peaceful.

Sitting in the front of a car with the windows fully down as my hair is blown away by the wind. The world around just a blur of colours. I turned to my left to see the driver, his eyes focused on the road, yet he managed to still look laid back like at home. He saw me staring and looked at me briefly and smiled at me before turning his attention back to the busy motorway. 

"What are you staring at princess?" He questioned 

"You" I replied almost instantly 

He chuckled and smiled and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"And why would that be?" He asked 

"Because although your focused, you remain to look really chilled out" i said 

He smiled, nodding slightly while he did. i looked back out of the  window as a car zoomed past making me jump and turn away from the window. 

He looked at me and said "Don't worry princess, daddy wont let anything happen to you"

I smiled, because i believed him, my daddy always came to my rescue. when there was a spider in the corner of my ceiling, when i'd cut my knee falling over and was in need of a plaster (band aid). He truly was my hero. 

I smiled but soon saw a panicked expression on my dads face. the screeching of tires against the ground rung though my ears. I held on to my seat and closed my eyes as i felt the front of our car hit another car, causing ours the flip. I squeezed my eyes tighter shut and let out a scream which echoed throughout the entire car. 

I soon felt the roof of our car crash against the road, grating to a halt. I slowly opened my eyes as the tears streamed down my cheeks, a hand rested on my shoulder and  i quickly opened my eyes and looked over to see my daddy. He was looking at me with a smile but i could still see the sadness in his eyes. 

He moved his and from my shoulder down to my hand and held it tightly. I looked up at him and held his hand as well, tears were still rolling down my cheeks but i felt safe with my dad holding my hand. 

I heard the screeching of tires against the tarmac, i looked behind my daddy's  head and saw a car coming towards us, i held his hand tighter as my daddy knew. He held my hand and looked at me with tears in his eyes as he smiled. 

  "I will always love you princess, remember that" He said as i squeezed my eyes shut and screamed as i felt the force of the car hit my daddy's side of the car. 

We continued holding each others hand until his hand went limp and lifeless. 

My eyes shot open as i sat up in my bed, the tears streaming down my cheeks. That all happened 2 years ago, yet the pain felt as raw as if it had happened only  yesterday. I turned my to my bed side cabinet and turned on my lamp, the light illuminating the only picture i had left with him.

I picked it up and looked at the picture, he were both so happy, we were both standing in front of the best Christmas tree id ever seen in Trafalgar square, London. It was so magical, my mum was taking the picture on her tiny disposable camera. My daddy picked me up on his shoulders and we smiled and took the picture, it was one of the most remembered time i had left with him. 

I looked at the picture smiling slightly and laid down in my bed and held the picture to my chest. As my eyes closed a couple rolled down my cheeks as  i whispered. 

"I love you daddy..."

i hope you've enjoyed this prologue, chapter one will be here soon, please...

-LIKE

-COMMENT

-SHARE

also please leave your opinion of my story all the feedback will be highly appreciated.

for now,

Chloe signing out <3